Woodbridge Autocross Saturday 7/10/10

Parking lots and traffic cones.
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Re: Woodbridge Autocross Saturday 7/10/10

Post by eage8 »

BugBomb wrote:Results are up
haha, I'm loving the small bore win. Good job Mike :)

Jen almost had me :o
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
ButtDyno
Car: 2006 Evo MR | 1999 ///M3
CDC Member#: 199

Post by ButtDyno »

Did it get any better in the afternoon?
Autocross. Serious business.
project:BDR
Unofficial CDC PAX Results page
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

Slightly!

I may have to give up my small bore dreams, whose that new guy Mike that kicked your butts?

The lot was excellent once it dried out. Great job getting the results out.
FredK
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

I think the lot was incredibly faster when it dried out.

I only ran a few runs in the pouring rain in Ed O's crazy Miata and trying to show the course (that I didn't really know myself) to Lionel (who showed up late)

As Franklin said, "What Ed Chan showing where the course is? - this must be Bizzaro World!" At least I didn't go off course!
NAautoxer
Car: 1991 Honda Civic Si
CDC Member#: 0

Post by NAautoxer »

hey ed, if you need help replacing that brake line, i have experience. i replaced all mine on my 87 150 last year with SS ones from broncograveyard.
hzbblur

Post by hzbblur »

I had a great time! Thanks to all that gave me tips and tricks of the course. Can't wait for my next event!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bellykat
Car: FFR Cobra Replica
CDC Member#: 139

Post by bellykat »

eage8 wrote:

Jen almost had me :o
Fred must've sneezed on me during my cobra ride in the am. I caught a little 'fast'. I'm sure it's gone now.
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
J. Clarkson
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

ButtDyno wrote:Did it get any better in the afternoon?

Depends on when you went in the afternoon :P. But yes it did get better for everyone. I think everybody's times dropped a good bit. I couldnt drive for crap or something in the afternoon, and my full wet time AM was 44.96 I beleive and then only a 44.85 in the PM, a whopping .11 improvement from wet to dry. My fault, was sawing the wheel pretty good and not keeping my eyes up in the afternoon. :oops:
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Videos up, memory space ran out for fastest run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJUKkOtTNz8
echan

Post by echan »

NAautoxer wrote:hey ed, if you need help replacing that brake line, i have experience. i replaced all mine on my 87 150 last year with SS ones from broncograveyard.
Thanks for the offer. I crawled under the truck and removed the brake line from the differential block (just after the master cylinder) all the way back to the flexible hose on the rear axle. When I replaced the wheel cylinders about 7 years ago, one of the hard lines on the axle was frozen and the fitting twisted the hard line. I replace that side back then. The other side of the axle is the original brake line. So I decided to remove that line as well.

Now I just need to measure and bend some brake lines... I guess if I can do it on an Austin Healey 3000 and Sprite, I can do it on a Ford Pick up. At least the truck sits high enough that I don't need to put it on jack stands!

Ed
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

hzbblur wrote:I had a great time! Thanks to all that gave me tips and tricks of the course. Can't wait for my next event!
Make sure you come back-- It's even more fun without the rain!
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
NAautoxer
Car: 1991 Honda Civic Si
CDC Member#: 0

Post by NAautoxer »

echan wrote: I guess if I can do it on an Austin Healey 3000 and Sprite, I can do it on a Ford Pick up. At least the truck sits high enough that I don't need to put it on jack stands!

Ed

yeah, it is one of the nicest things about working on my truck. except when i want to get to the engine. but my inline six leaves plenty of room for me to crawl in next to it.
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

That poor little engine looked lonely in there. It probably enjoys the company.
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
ButtDyno

Post by ButtDyno »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:

Depends on when you went in the afternoon :P. But yes it did get better for everyone. I think everybody's times dropped a good bit. I couldnt drive for crap or something in the afternoon, and my full wet time AM was 44.96 I beleive and then only a 44.85 in the PM, a whopping .11 improvement from wet to dry. My fault, was sawing the wheel pretty good and not keeping my eyes up in the afternoon. :oops:
That 44.9 in a 2WD car was mighty impressive. M power :p
WRX11

Post by WRX11 »

echan wrote:I blew a steel brake line in the pick up truck on the way back from the autox, while towing the trailer. Fortunately, I was able to pull off it to a church off Miniville Rd, and Franklin D, Dan K, Mike G, and Joe S, helped me try to get the truck on the road enough to limp it back to the storage warehouse. Mehr P, turned around on 495 and came back to Woodbridge to tow the trailer back for me.

Thanks for everyone for helping me get back home! I realize it made you get home about 2 hours later than if you had not stopped.

Ed
Sorry to hear this Ed, glad you had a team to help out.
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

ButtDyno wrote:
D_Eclipse9916 wrote:

I saw you brought the M out, meant to come over and shoot the shit but you were gone before I had a chance. The one time you bring out the M instead of the wrx when im there its raining lol. Shouldnt it be the other way around? ;)
kcook

Post by kcook »

yo john, when i was shagging cones in the PM it was dry, but when we were up for our runs we got a 2 min shower which completely made it wet again. my fastest in the wet was a 47.5 in the morning. I was able to get a 45.7 in the PM but it was +1 :(

the ftd was the last group to go. completely dry ....
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

kcook wrote:
yo john, when i was shagging cones in the PM it was dry, but when we were up for our runs we got a 2 min shower which completely made it wet again. my fastest in the wet was a 47.5 in the morning. I was able to get a 45.7 in the PM but it was +1 :(

I was two cars behind you in line....I couldn't believe that shower started the minute we began to stage. Only had 2 mostly dry runs, but it was still fun.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

kcook wrote:

Lol luck of the draw. David Wampler and I were shagging cones for heat A beleiving it would dry up more into Heat 1B, and then just as heat A was finishing up it dumped again real quick. If we had jumped in Heat 1A for driving we would have been dry, we laughed at how we totally guessed wrong. Part of the fun.
ButtDyno

Post by ButtDyno »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:
ButtDyno wrote:
D_Eclipse9916 wrote: Depends on when you went in the afternoon :P. But yes it did get better for everyone. I think everybody's times dropped a good bit. I couldnt drive for crap or something in the afternoon, and my full wet time AM was 44.96 I beleive and then only a 44.85 in the PM, a whopping .11 improvement from wet to dry. My fault, was sawing the wheel pretty good and not keeping my eyes up in the afternoon. :oops:
I saw you brought the M out, meant to come over and shoot the shit but you were gone before I had a chance. The one time you bring out the M instead of the wrx when im there its raining lol. Shouldnt it be the other way around? ;)
Yeah...

The WRX was full of Yokohama and all my gear, and I didn't want to pull that stuff out of the car, have it get rained on, then have to throw it back in the car... it was just easier. And I was curious how it would do in the wet w/ ASC off.

I have Konis, H&R OE sports, and an H&R front bar, waiting to go on w/ flipped tophats, plus a set of BBSs with 245-40-17 RE11s... so the car will hopefully be more competitive at its next event :)
echan

Post by echan »

For those that missed this autox (over 90 participants on the roster but only 57 showed up), CDC will be at Winchester this Saturday (July 17th). This event is definately worth the drive. Last time everyone got 8 runs.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

BugBomb wrote:Results are up

The official results have been posted to the CDC website Results page.