James Wood (Winchester) 8/7/10

Parking lots and traffic cones.
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Re: James Wood (Winchester) 8/7/10

Post by hepcatz »

I agree, great course and lot. The course was fun and deceptive in its challenge level, thanks Mike. Wade, were you driving with binoculars as I never saw that crack you mentioned! lol. Next week I'll thankfully have new tires & better times as mine are way spent and useless lately as demonstrated by intense plowing and times being calculated on an hour glass. Otherwise I'll need another scapegoat for my crap driving. =) Photos and bis links are below, photos are also in the CDC pool as well. Glad to meet some new faces & thanks Jenn for a tour in the sux even if we did have to endure adult contemporary driving music. :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gohmchin/s ... 550713633/

http://www.youtube.com/user/gohmchin#gr ... 9E0064548A
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

Option cones??? When I came around the ends their was no option! I was going wherever my car was headed. I never saw the "crack" that Wade would not stop talking about... but it was faster if you could get left on the way back.
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

Thanks for the pictures :)

I especially like this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gohmchin/4 ... 550713633/

it looks like my car is lifting up to pee on those cones...

Here are my videos from today... I wasn't that fast today (best clean time was a 50.7 I think?) The last 2 videos are bordering on embarrassing, it's a good example of what not to do... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBS5lZjsst0

I'll be interested to watch frank and dave's videos to see where I was looking 2-3 seconds...

as far as the option cones go... I was going right left right on the way up and I think I did something different on the way back every time...
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
konkilr
Car: 1995 SUXASS LRXTi
CDC Member#: 19

Post by konkilr »

Mike, what route did you take home? I expected you to get off onto 70E, but you stayed on 81?

jake
Raceday strategy: Start slow, then back off.
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

konkilr wrote:Mike, what route did you take home? I expected you to get off onto 70E, but you stayed on 81?

jake
I took a detour to Chipotle with Mike and Jenn :P
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

Here's my 44.808 drift run.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCiLgFq71gs
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Results up. Still working on Championship updates. They may not be perfect until Sunday evening. In the mean time, let me know if you see any mistakes on today's results.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

Their was obviously a slight timing error on Wades last run.... I'm just sandbagging for next Friday.... fun day. I love the results getting out before I forget I was there.
JoeTR6
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 44

Post by JoeTR6 »

That course grabbed me by the arse and kicked hard several times. It was fun. It would have been more fun if I hadn't coned my last run where I finally found something approaching the right line.

The FTD duel was great to watch.
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

I wish I could have kept my 49.3 clean.........I got a bit eager with the go pedal in some spots though.
The_Bishop
Car: '08 E.R.A FIA / '04 STi
CDC Member#: 316

Post by The_Bishop »

Sorry if I scared anyone with my loud display of BFG tire smoke and seemingly uncontrolled dash for the timing display there at the stop gate on my last run. The ERA and my right foot both need some sorting, to say the least. :oops:

Had a great time, though and loved the course, Mike!

It was great meeting some (new to me) folks in the Cobra ranks and fantastic to see all the new people in the novice course walk...hopefully we can keep them hooked!

Can't wait until the 21st. Can we ask for another beautiful day like yesterday was???

- Allen.
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

Great course, Mike, but I come out to these things to drive and eat hot sausage-- not make decisions. Not the victim of my indecisiveness in the slalom.
http://contour.com/video/cdc-autocross- ... ter-4-clip
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
Dan133

Post by Dan133 »

Thanks to CameRace Cheap Camera Mount technology my camera stayed safely in place through MANY egregious cone strikes on Sat.(Plug for Frank)

Keep the fun and challenging courses coming!

Dan
Ben L
Car: FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC Member#: 20

Post by Ben L »

Nice course, Mike!

Tricky, as precise car placement was needed to avoid spanking cones at speed.

Illustrated the age old paradox of Free Will -- Given choices, we do not always make the right decisions, and sometimes we only have a split second to make the choice.

Freaking cone cost me third, throwing away my best time of 46.5. But getting there . . .

Here's the obligatory in car vid and data --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYwyAM1N6bA
Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
363 ci Ford Racing Boss Stroker
CDC No. 20
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

eage8 wrote: I'll be interested to watch frank and dave's videos to see where I was looking 2-3 seconds...
of all my cameras, i didn't have one normal shot. They were all pointed at wheels as a learning tool for me to see where i was placing the car. but i'll post anyway. so everyone can see how bad my car placement really is.
Dan133 wrote:Not the victim of my indecisiveness in the slalom.
http://contour.com/video/cdc-autocross- ... ter-4-clip
lol. that too was an option.
Dan133 wrote:Thanks to CameRace Cheap Camera Mount technology my camera stayed safely in place through MANY egregious cone strikes on Sat.(Plug for Frank)
Dan
Thanks Dan! And thanks for working for me so I can get out quicker! I vote for Dan to be member of the year again! ;)
wrathe74
Car: 1974 Opel Manta
CDC Member#: 523

Post by wrathe74 »

Mike - Awesome course..I almost redline'd in 2nd.

My option was to go to the right, but for me it was flat out and straight in both directions...though my toughest sections were the sweepers on both ends, especially the one coming back; the off camber really played havoc if you even dared to push it a little going in.

Danny jumped in on my last three runs...and pointed out something I had noticed I was doing - Thanks for all the great advice Danny! I'm reviewing my videos now to see the difference between AM and PM. I think my fastest run of the day, clean was 51.50.
-- Jason
phranquelynn

Post by phranquelynn »

again, i took video this week as a learning tool. so not the most interesting to watch. but you'll get a really good idea of my car placement for the left side.

here are my videos:
camera aimed at front left wheel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls95aFPJdW8

camera aimed at rear left wheel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1PMwjw8YYA

if someone knows of a free program i can use to merge the 2 videos into one (side by side), please let me know. i would love to be able to set it up as one video.
Dan133

Post by Dan133 »

$12.99?!? I paid $13.00.; RipOff! Some friend!what a scam!!
I really like the video of the rear wheel. You can actually see the car rotate. Nice driving Frank.
phranquelynn

Post by phranquelynn »

Dan133 wrote:$12.99?!? I paid $13.00.; RipOff! Some friend!what a scam!!
I really like the video of the rear wheel. You can actually see the car rotate. Nice driving Frank.
so you think you got ripped off a penny huh? i'll give you my two cents next time i see you! :twisted: lol
dannykao

Post by dannykao »

Gee Frank, that rear view was pretty trippy...

Don't you think your tires should be a foot wider? Just kidding... :mrgreen:

Oh, here is a smilie that look just like you. :ugeek:
Dan133

Post by Dan133 »

phranquelynn wrote:
so you think you got ripped off a penny huh? i'll give you my two cents next time i see you! :twisted: lol
And he told me that to get that price I would have to take his afternoon work shift .
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Damn! He totally ripped me off too! :P Thanks Frank, I will definitely be using your mount to do some rear-wheel vidoe action next time im out, wont be next event tho :(
phranquelynn

Post by phranquelynn »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote: Damn! He totally ripped me off too! :P Thanks Frank, I will definitely be using your mount to do some rear-wheel vidoe action next time im out, wont be next event tho :(
you'll get my 2 cents about that next time too then! lol.

can't believe i saw you at the mini event. i thought i was the only one crazy enough for a double header that day. especially since the sites are 2 hours apart.

too bad you can't make the next one. looking forward to seeing your videos for the one following.
xph34rt3hr34p3r
Car: 2010 Subaru Impreza STI
CDC Member#: 449

Post by xph34rt3hr34p3r »

BugBomb wrote:Results up. Still working on Championship updates. They may not be perfect until Sunday evening. In the mean time, let me know if you see any mistakes on today's results.
I seem to have been left out of the small bore bracket. I swear I checked that off when I registered... Could you please add my time from Saturday?

Mike Kelly, 1995 Mazda Miata

Thanks.

Also, any chance I can get a copy of the course layout? I went OC twice in the afternoon. I have an idea of the general location but I'll be damned if I know what I missed. It'd be appreciated if anyone could help me out there!
"Loose is fast, and on the edge you're out of control." -Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder

|2010 STI|RCE Yellows|330F/335R|RCE Swaybars|Kartboy EndL's|Kartboy 6spd SS|SPT Exhaust|
phranquelynn

Post by phranquelynn »

xph34rt3hr34p3r wrote: Also, any chance I can get a copy of the course layout? I went OC twice in the afternoon. I have an idea of the general location but I'll be damned if I know what I missed. It'd be appreciated if anyone could help me out there!
check out some of the videos posted. might help you recognize where you went off. or if you have a video, post it up and i'm sure someone will tell you where you went off.

in other news. i fixed one problem on the miata. on my test drive, the clutch slave broke. gees. doesn't the car know i have a life outside autocrossing and fixing her.