James Wood (Winchester) 8/7/10

Parking lots and traffic cones.
bugman1964

James Wood (Winchester) 8/7/10

Post by bugman1964 »

We are back To James Wood this weekend. Hopefully we can get more of you guys out then the last event there, make sure you tell all your friends and car clubs.
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Re: James Wood (Winchester) 8/7/10

Post by BugBomb »

I promise to put a few choice cones in again.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

Can't wait for Winchester this weekend...my favorite CDC lot!

The FFR is down for lower control arm surgery, but if the rest of my parts show up in a timely manner, I should be OK. If not, I'll be in the Miata. :mrgreen:
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

"I'll be in the Miata" sure. You'll pull an all nighter Friday before you bring the Merlot missle. I'll bring whatever you bring. Don't forget to bring my lucky charm either way.
Fred
Wade Chamberlain

FredK wrote:Don't forget to bring my lucky charm either way.
Sorry....she's out of town Thursday through Sunday. I'll be solo.
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

Wade Chamberlain wrote:
FredK wrote:Don't forget to bring my lucky charm either way.
Sorry....she's out of town Thursday through Sunday. I'll be solo.
So you'll be driving the Cobra and have a hangover Saturday.
Wade Chamberlain

could happen that way. ;)
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

The Suxass is down for the week. Brake parts on order won't show up until 2 days before the Devil's Duel. :shock:

Lots of Morans will be standing around, looking for something to drive this Saturday.

I enjoyed instructing at the last event. Hopefully with the extra organizer help we have for this event, I will be able to do some more of that.
Mike M
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
The_Bishop
Car: '08 E.R.A FIA / '04 STi
CDC Member#: 316

Post by The_Bishop »

BugBomb wrote:Lots of Morans will be standing around, looking for something to drive this Saturday.
I'll ask my daughter if she plans on using her tricycle... You, in a helmet, riding a Radio Flyer Tricycle....now that's funny right there....I don't care who you are.. :lol:

- Allen.
Wade Chamberlain

The_Bishop wrote:
BugBomb wrote:Lots of Morans will be standing around, looking for something to drive this Saturday.
You, in a helmet, riding a Radio Flyer Tricycle....now that's funny right there....I don't care who you are.. :lol:

- Allen.
Funny right up to the point where he kills most of the field while riding the trike. :D
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

Bring a trike, I wanna see mike test drive the course on it. :lol: Better yet, a big wheel.
a la : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkEdcR0D1E4
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
The_Bishop
Car: '08 E.R.A FIA / '04 STi
CDC Member#: 316

Post by The_Bishop »

Wade Chamberlain wrote:
Funny right up to the point where he kills most of the field while riding the trike. :D
Well, there in lies the rub.....he'd still get FTD! :lol:
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

Devious course design afoot.

I like all the chatter during the event discussing which path through the choice cones is the optimal route. This event will take that to the next level. :)
Mike M
wrathe74
Car: 1974 Opel Manta
CDC Member#: 523

Post by wrathe74 »

BugBomb wrote:The Suxass is down for the week. Brake parts on order won't show up until 2 days before the Devil's Duel. :shock:

Lots of Morans will be standing around, looking for something to drive this Saturday.

I enjoyed instructing at the last event. Hopefully with the extra organizer help we have for this event, I will be able to do some more of that.
My clutch is fixed, and the car is good to go....so you all are welcome to drive my car.
-- Jason
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

wrathe74 wrote:
BugBomb wrote:The Suxass is down for the week. Brake parts on order won't show up until 2 days before the Devil's Duel. :shock:

My clutch is fixed, and the car is good to go....so you all are welcome to drive my car.
One of the Moran's will be driving my bimmer, probably good for the car as ill be hungover as hell saturday morning (best friends birthday) so im not expecting any good times. At least the car will have one good driver in it.
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

My car is always available, I'm getting new tires the following week anyways. lol
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

my Corolla is available too :P

it now has more front camber (possibly too much?). and I have also maxed out my tie rod adjustment lol.
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
wrathe74

Post by wrathe74 »

eage8 wrote:my Corolla is available too :P

it now has more front camber (possibly too much?). and I have also maxed out my tie rod adjustment lol.
I know a guy who does excellent work on customizing your tie rods so you can have that extra adjustment. I have them done on mine...so if you want take a look at what he did for me.

What I need now is a decent alignment tool, I think I'm going to try the SPC Fastrax.
-- Jason
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

wrathe74 wrote:

I know a guy who does excellent work on customizing your tie rods so you can have that extra adjustment. I have them done on mine...so if you want take a look at what he did for me.

What I need now is a decent alignment tool, I think I'm going to try the SPC Fastrax.
cool, I'd definitely like to look at them. Mine is fine now I was about to get a bit of toe out before they stopped. It seemed like I might just be able to run a die up it and make some more threads, but I haven't looked at it that closely.

But I'm not sure what's going to happen when I install some caster plates in a few weeks. Lets hope I can get a bit more caster than my stock 1.7* :)
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
wrathe74

Post by wrathe74 »

eage8 wrote:
wrathe74 wrote:

cool, I'd definitely like to look at them. Mine is fine now I was about to get a bit of toe out before they stopped. It seemed like I might just be able to run a die up it and make some more threads, but I haven't looked at it that closely.

But I'm not sure what's going to happen when I install some caster plates in a few weeks. Lets hope I can get a bit more caster than my stock 1.7* :)
Awesome. Thats what happened to me. I'm running plates, and once I added them my tie rods were too long, causing really bad toe-in. With the customized tie rods that I have now, i got an extra couple of inches in either direction.
-- Jason
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

Very fun course today.....unfortunately I killed more cones than the rest of the club x2. Best clean run was slow :x .
Wade Chamberlain

Agreed...awesome course! Too bad we can't get more folks out to winchester. It's definitely worth the drive. Easily my favorite CDC lot. :mrgreen:
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
Imprezive_04
Car: 99 FRC\EvoX
CDC Member#: 317

Post by Imprezive_04 »

Awesome course today. Finding your way way through the option cones flat out was the key. Hopefully attendance at this location will increase! For some of us it's the closest event to us :)
Ryan P
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

So which way did you take the option cones and why? I went to the right, then left, then right, which made the nice straightaway with a fairly minor offset to get around the next pointer. On the way back, it was the same path, which required a little setup at the start of the section, but then it was a flat straight and another minor offset to carry tons of speed into the turn-around.
Mike M
Wade Chamberlain

I took the option cones the same way. It took a little sacrifice to get on the correct side on entry, especially coming back, but overall the increase in speed was huge. The cones were a little hard to read at speed, but there was a crack in the pavement, w/ a little grass growing in it, that was right down the middle of the fast line. I just followed the crack and didn't worry about the cones. :mrgreen:
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193