James Wood (Winchester) 8/7/10

Parking lots and traffic cones.
ferris

Re: James Wood (Winchester) 8/7/10

Post by ferris »

phranquelynn wrote:in other news. i fixed one problem on the miata. on my test drive, the clutch slave broke. gees. doesn't the car know i have a life outside autocrossing and fixing her.

I'll trade even up with you ... Mine has never broken ...
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

The official results have been posted to the CDC website Results page.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

xph34rt3hr34p3r wrote:I seem to have been left out of the small bore bracket. I swear I checked that off when I registered... Could you please add my time from Saturday?

Mike Kelly, 1995 Mazda Miata

Thanks.
I will fix this on the results. Did you use an index barcode for smallbore?
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
Steve85

Post by Steve85 »

Thanks for such a great event, course, and atmosphere. This was my first autox with CDC and in the vette. I live 10 minutes away and had no idea you guys have been doing this :oops:

Found my car in the pics and I'm shocked the photographer actually captured a moment where the car was pointed in the direction I needed to go. My 5 and 6 yr old sons made it out for my afternoon runs and leave it to kids to speak the truth. One asked what happened to my car when it made all that smoke and the other asked if i was supposed to do donuts. :P

I recently started playing with doing home alignment stuff and went from 0 to 1.5 degrees camber in front. Went to do the back Friday night and the camber rods were frozen. The car used to push, it was a completely different animal Saturday. BTW, I am very green, so it's not like I would have been fast, it was just incredible how completely different the car handled compared to my last track day.

Here's a link to the video. (I need to raise the mount) It takes vimeo about 45 minutes to make it available.
http://www.vimeo.com/14017623

Thanks again and I look forward to getting out there again with CDC.
Imprezive_04
Car: 99 FRC\EvoX
CDC Member#: 317

Post by Imprezive_04 »

^ I have a special place in my heart for a nice C4. Really liked the bbs wheels and idle lope. Nice car
Ryan P
Steve85

Post by Steve85 »

Thanks!
xph34rt3hr34p3r
Car: 2010 Subaru Impreza STI
CDC Member#: 449

Post by xph34rt3hr34p3r »

BugBomb wrote:I will fix this on the results. Did you use an index barcode for smallbore?
Good question... I'll have to take another look at my barcode. I know I signed up for the event with smallbore but my barcode might not be right. Thanks for the heads up!
"Loose is fast, and on the edge you're out of control." -Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder

|2010 STI|RCE Yellows|330F/335R|RCE Swaybars|Kartboy EndL's|Kartboy 6spd SS|SPT Exhaust|
ferris

Post by ferris »

I thought that we didn't use an index for SB. I know that my time was indexed for SB, but since it didn't change the results at all I didn't say anything.

I looked at a couple others and it looks like their SB time was their raw time, so again, I didn't say anything.
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

ferris wrote:I thought that we didn't use an index for SB. I know that my time was indexed for SB, but since it didn't change the results at all I didn't say anything.

I looked at a couple others and it looks like their SB time was their raw time, so again, I didn't say anything.
it's not indexed, but you need a different bar code with a special "small bore" tag on it.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=746
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
ferris

Post by ferris »

I feel like an idiot...

I printed my bar code at the begining and I knew it would still work, although we changed the format to be better for almost everyone. But I was being lazy.

I guess its time to re-print my index (notice my index says I have r-comps, yet I have been too busy to cut my fenders ...)
JoeTR6
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 44

Post by JoeTR6 »

No worries. We're accepting either format of bar code this season just to give people time to make new ones. The newer one should have the index code on it, e.g. C322S where the 'S' is the small-bore flag. I'll check the code to make sure the old index still uses the registration small-bore flag. If you use the newer index bar code format, it *will* override this flag in case you actually switch cars during the event. We save the index with each run. Next year, we'll probably no longer recognize the old index bar codes.

If you pre-register with the right index, and if you don't switch cars, and if nobody else uses your car (that didn't also pre-register with that index), then you really don't need the index bar code. I did this at the last event (my index flew off at Woodbridge). But if someone wants to take a run in your car, this could cause some problems.