Winchester on the 21st

Parking lots and traffic cones.
xph34rt3hr34p3r
Car: 2010 Subaru Impreza STI
CDC Member#: 449

Re: Winchester on the 21st

Post by xph34rt3hr34p3r »

03threefiftyz wrote:That wreck was a mess. Ryan P, a fella I don't know in the red miata, and myself sat out and had an impromptu chat on 81.
Imprezive_04 wrote:lol thats Mike Kelly.........no relation to Fred
That Mike Kelly guy, he's a real piece of work... That's me though *wave* Fun times chatting on I81. We were so close to the state line. If only we had left 5 minutes earlier. I swear I heard Banjo music coming from the woods so I'm glad we got going when we did.

And Ryan is correct, no relation to Fred... which is a shame. I sure wouldn't mind inheriting some of his driving skills for my Miata :lol:
"Loose is fast, and on the edge you're out of control." -Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder

|2010 STI|RCE Yellows|330F/335R|RCE Swaybars|Kartboy EndL's|Kartboy 6spd SS|SPT Exhaust|
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

I'd be nicer if you spelled your name right.
Fred Kelley
xph34rt3hr34p3r

FredK wrote:I'd be nicer if you spelled your name right.
Fred Kelley

See, there's the problem. Our family split up years and years ago. You must have been on the side that could afford the extra vowel :D
"Loose is fast, and on the edge you're out of control." -Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder

|2010 STI|RCE Yellows|330F/335R|RCE Swaybars|Kartboy EndL's|Kartboy 6spd SS|SPT Exhaust|
bellykat
Car: FFR Cobra Replica
CDC Member#: 139

Post by bellykat »

FredK wrote:Larry cheated on index....

He told Mike it was wrong when he scanned his bar code at the line.

If I had a dime for every time you two antagonize each other, I could afford power steering. :lol:
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
J. Clarkson
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

phranquelynn wrote:this is the last time i use 7 different camera angles. i've been downloading for hours on this slow ass computer. my video coming in a month or two.

mike golden, you left your guest!!!
haha, like you've never done that before :-P

I'm happy to win the fairy for once... haha

I'm mad I coned my 42.5 though :(
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojsZAxhsBj0

Here are the videos of my 2 fastest runs.

my camera mic does not seem to be a fan of being outside the car :P
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

bellykat wrote:
FredK wrote:Larry cheated on index....

He told Mike it was wrong when he scanned his bar code at the line.

If I had a dime for every time you two antagonize each other, I could afford power steering. :lol:
....and kirkeys, and SN95 spindles, and 5-lug axles, and new wheels, and A6's, etc, etc. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

eage8 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojsZAxhsBj0

Here are the videos of my 2 fastest runs.

my camera mic does not seem to be a fan of being outside the car :P

ever hear my videos? camera mic and outside the car is not a good combo. just sounds like very loud static with some small bore engine noise every once in awhile.
phranquelynn

Post by phranquelynn »

My vid. It's a bit choppy. I got a little too creative with the editing and tried to fit in too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r0ZCXz3JIU
The_Bishop
Car: '08 E.R.A FIA / '04 STi
CDC Member#: 316

Post by The_Bishop »

^ I liked that vid!

Had a great time on Sat. Brought a guest (passenger) and he had a great time too. Thanks to Ryan P. and Mike K. for extending invitationsfor rides. He was really impressed with Mike's miata.

Thought the three-heat system worked well, but wished attendance would have matched the registration count! Get out to Winchester, people!

I'll be off the next two months due to schedule conflicts, may see some of you at Cumberland in Sept or Oct.

Thanks for a great day and thanks for a fun course, Larry!

- Allen.

P.S. to the organizers: Some of the flags are getting VERY tattered.
xph34rt3hr34p3r

phranquelynn wrote:My vid. It's a bit choppy. I got a little too creative with the editing and tried to fit in too much.

The video looks great phranq! Any chance you can upload just the driver's view? I'd really like to see the whole course through a single view to understand how you navigated certain areas. I found my Miata pushing very hard on different turns which only hurt my time. I either need to figure out a better way to manuever or do some work so I can get the ass end to swing around easier. Thanks in advance!

wrathe74
Car: 1974 Opel Manta
CDC Member#: 523

Post by wrathe74 »

phranquelynn wrote:My vid. It's a bit choppy. I got a little too creative with the editing and tried to fit in too much.

Cool idea.

I liked the video, can you do video overlays? Maybe show the whole race over the shoulder and then overlay smaller videos into one of the corners when looking at the tires, or side view?
-- Jason
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Course was fast as hell for Winchester, I was doing a good bit of bouncing off the 2nd gear rev limiter in a stock m3. Wish I could have stayed the entire day but the morning runs was all I could fit in. I dont know how other guys consistently do morning runs, it sucks to run, then run back to the start line and jump the gun again, no time to cool tires/check pressures etc. My fourth and fifth runs were awful, dunlops got too greasy and I lost a good amount of time. Best time I got of the day I beleive was my second run...
Imprezive_04
Car: 99 FRC\EvoX
CDC Member#: 317

Post by Imprezive_04 »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:Course was fast as hell for Winchester, I was doing a good bit of bouncing off the 2nd gear rev limiter in a stock m3. Wish I could have stayed the entire day but the morning runs was all I could fit in. I dont know how other guys consistently do morning runs, it sucks to run, then run back to the start line and jump the gun again, no time to cool tires/check pressures etc. My fourth and fifth runs were awful, dunlops got too greasy and I lost a good amount of time. Best time I got of the day I beleive was my second run...

Are you saying you could have kicked our index asses even more?! :lol:
Ryan P
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Imprezive_04 wrote:
D_Eclipse9916 wrote:Course was fast as hell for Winchester, I was doing a good bit of bouncing off the 2nd gear rev limiter in a stock m3. Wish I could have stayed the entire day but the morning runs was all I could fit in. I dont know how other guys consistently do morning runs, it sucks to run, then run back to the start line and jump the gun again, no time to cool tires/check pressures etc. My fourth and fifth runs were awful, dunlops got too greasy and I lost a good amount of time. Best time I got of the day I beleive was my second run...

hahahah no I was saying it was a good course, never bounced off the top of 2nd in my m3 during CDC events. Naw im fairly consistent in times, I could maybe in a perfect 100% environment eeked out a few tenths buut we all know its never perfect :lol: And I might not be able to make the test and tune in md for some practice :cry:
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Imprezive_04 wrote:

hahahah no I was saying it was a good course, never bounced off the top of 2nd in my m3 during CDC events. Naw im fairly consistent in times, I could maybe in a perfect 100% environment eeked out a few tenths buut we all know its never perfect :lol: And I might not be able to make the test and tune in md for some practice :cry:
phranquelynn

Post by phranquelynn »

xph34rt3hr34p3r wrote: The video looks great phranq! Any chance you can upload just the driver's view? I'd really like to see the whole course through a single view to understand how you navigated certain areas. I found my Miata pushing very hard on different turns which only hurt my time. I either need to figure out a better way to manuever or do some work so I can get the ass end to swing around easier. Thanks in advance!
sure, next time i get on that computer i'll upload it. jacquelyn won't relinquish that computer right now and i'm about to pass out. if you'd like i'll be more than happy to ride with you to see if i have any suggestions.
wrathe74 wrote: Cool idea.

I liked the video, can you do video overlays? Maybe show the whole race over the shoulder and then overlay smaller videos into one of the corners when looking at the tires, or side view?
i just did it in ms movie maker. pretty sure i don't have the ability. my first time really playing around with it. i haven't edited anything since vhs with a shuttle (shuffle?) knob.

can you tell the vid i uploaded is in sequential order? when jacquelyn watched it she thought it was just random clips of my run. after rewatching it i see how it's not that clear. so if i can find something that allows me to overlay as you suggested, it would clear it up.
phranquelynn

Post by phranquelynn »

xph34rt3hr34p3r wrote:

The video looks great phranq! Any chance you can upload just the driver's view? I'd really like to see the whole course through a single view to understand how you navigated certain areas. I found my Miata pushing very hard on different turns which only hurt my time. I either need to figure out a better way to manuever or do some work so I can get the ass end to swing around easier. Thanks in advance!
are you sure you want to watch my video to see my lines? did you not watch the "bloopers" reel? there's more than one shot of my understeering so bad that i missed the gate. :)
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

The official results have been posted to the CDC website Results page.
LaurenceC
Car: 2007, Subaru, STI
CDC Member#: 228

Post by LaurenceC »

Here is my run from Saturday. That lot has tons of grip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4wSZlk1j1w
--Laurence #28 (a.k.a Bear) @20sqfab
2019 Shadow Gray, Chevrolet, Corvette
1993 Gray, Toyota, SW20 MR2 (Autocross)
1993 White, Toyota, SW20 MR2 (Time Trial)
1965 Silver, Factory Five Roadster
The_Bishop
Car: '08 E.R.A FIA / '04 STi
CDC Member#: 316

Post by The_Bishop »

LaurenceC wrote:Here is my run from Saturday. That lot has tons of grip!

Were you left-foot-braking?...didn't appear so as indicated by your vid, but I wasn't quite sure..... :?:

- Allen.
phranquelynn

Post by phranquelynn »

xph34rt3hr34p3r wrote:

here ya go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCgCdKj2WPo
LaurenceC
Car: 2007, Subaru, STI
CDC Member#: 228

Post by LaurenceC »

The_Bishop wrote:
LaurenceC wrote:Here is my run from Saturday. That lot has tons of grip!

Were you left-foot-braking?...didn't appear so as indicated by your vid, but I wasn't quite sure..... :?:

- Allen.

No, thats for fast guys.
--Laurence #28 (a.k.a Bear) @20sqfab
2019 Shadow Gray, Chevrolet, Corvette
1993 Gray, Toyota, SW20 MR2 (Autocross)
1993 White, Toyota, SW20 MR2 (Time Trial)
1965 Silver, Factory Five Roadster
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

Ohh snap. :lol:
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.