Frederick on the 11th

Parking lots and traffic cones.
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Re: Frederick on the 11th

Post by FredK »

I've owed several BMW's over the years, and even worked for them for a few. I'd love to take a turn in the M3, I like a lucky FTD once in a while, but taking a swat at Pussy To Day, PTD, would be fun. Not in Frederick though....
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

bellykat wrote:
BugBomb wrote:Don, you are welcome to co-drive the Suxass at the T&T. Same for you, Mike & Frank.
and Dan...
I have been looking forward to driving Suxass but once again won't be able to. Previous commitment on Sunday.(Frank's wedding)Ridiculous waste of good autocross opportunity.. Really want to try it before the end of the season... who knows...
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Ben L wrote:Yes, Fred. Please do not drive your Cobra.

Think of how high your index score will be in a BMW on street tires

Why, you could end up PTD!

Dan, why go all the way to Wareham to sit in a Factory Five? You've got a wide selection of about the best sorted FFRs in the country right here every weekend.

We can see, he is more than welcome to co-drive if he thinks its just my PAX crutching me (I would love to find out, there are always better drivers out there and itd be interesting to see if the PAX is saving me). Although I would hate to get my ass kicked in my own car ;)

I dunno, feel like im harassing people sometimes when I ask and poke around their FFR at an autocross. I try to be respectful of people's time at an autocross cause I know how sometimes we can be so time-crunched.
Ben L
Car: FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC Member#: 20

Post by Ben L »

Very thoughtful. But they do sit in paddock for hours between heats with nobody near them. I'm sure no one would mind too much if you tried one or two on. Welcome to stuff yourself into the Coupe if you want. Its not the fun part.
Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
363 ci Ford Racing Boss Stroker
CDC No. 20
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:Although I would hate to get my ass kicked in my own car ;) .
You could just do what you did with Mike Moran and let him drive it on the crappy tires ;)
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

lol I guess he got hurt about that, I just wanted to save my tires as I burned through the last set quick. They were still Hankook RS2s so its not like he was on all-seasons but now that its the end of the season im not so worried about the dunlops now. If he wants to co-drive now with the dunlops he can, I didnt mean to offend him.

And thanks for the offer of the cobras, I may just do that for this 11th event. I know they are fun to drive, im just worried about logistics as the driving position in the cobra I drove was VERY uncomfortable.
konkilr
Car: 1995 SUXASS LRXTi
CDC Member#: 19

Post by konkilr »

I think he was syaing mike would have beaten you on the good tires.

jake
Raceday strategy: Start slow, then back off.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Good tires or not, that M3 is fun.

Not as much fun as my Cobra, despite the less-comfortable driving position. :) It sucks that the pedals have to be offset to the left, but once you start rolling, you just don't care.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

I'll happily take you up on your previous offer to pilot the m3 a few times.
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
Tochenzo

Post by Tochenzo »

Just signed up and am looking forward to attending my first event with CDC. I have a question regarding the Heat order. I know that two heats tend to go at the same time (1 runs while 2 works)..but during this time what are 3 and 4 doing? Is this just some free time in the paddock to hang around/make tire adjustments?

Thanks in advance.
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

Tochenzo wrote:Just signed up and am looking forward to attending my first event with CDC. I have a question regarding the Heat order. I know that two heats tend to go at the same time (1 runs while 2 works)..but during this time what are 3 and 4 doing? Is this just some free time in the paddock to hang around/make tire adjustments?

Thanks in advance.
Heats are split into A & B (think of it as 1a and 1b). B works while A runs and vice versa. Most likely given the number of registrants heats 1&2 will be combined and 3&4 as well. The heats that aren't running can do whatever they wish.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

konkilr wrote:I think he was syaing mike would have beaten you on the good tires.

jake
Bench racing is fun especially when we try to get me riled up :p

Bugman I'm not sure who you are( so man bugging bugman Et .). Bu tif you want to go ahead and sign up for the one this weekend you can. I would have a backup as Rrt was closed Saturday so I didn't get the front subframe welded up like u wanted so it'll be interesting to see if I have time to get it all together
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:
konkilr wrote:I think he was syaing mike would have beaten you on the good tires.

jake
Bench racing is fun especially when we try to get me riled up :p

Bugman I'm not sure who you are( so man bugging bugman Et .). Bu tif you want to go ahead and sign up for the one this weekend you can. I would have a backup as Rrt was closed Saturday so I didn't get the front subframe welded up like u wanted so it'll be interesting to see if I have time to get it all together
Oh and I always forget... If your less than 6'2 you may need a big cushion or something as here are no sliders in my vehicle and it's fixed back
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

I'm the organizer that usually does the announcing.

Round up your friends guys the enrollment thus far is low. I blame frank, something about a wedding, lame. :lol:
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

Yep, sign up people! You know that Sunday will equal a LOT of runs as of now! When it gets really cold, all of you will regret the days you missed.
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

saint_foo wrote: When it gets really cold, all of you will regret the days you missed.
Agreed and that's only a few short months away.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

bugman1964 wrote:I'm the organizer that usually does the announcing.

Round up your friends guys the enrollment thus far is low. I blame frank, something about a wedding, lame. :lol:

Just called RRT. Looks like the parts for my dual-pickup oil pump and pan wont be in till the end of the week, looking very unlikely ill make the event in my own car. I will definitely spend all night friday trying to get her together for saturday. Unfortunately for the oil pan and pump I had to pull the entire front subframe, front suspension, steering rack etc, which im replacing anyway but ill need an alignment after so I dunno about timing.
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

bugman1964 wrote:
if i can't have fun, nobody can.

jen, i have bad news. my recent addition won't be joining me for the wedding. i have already dubbed 9/13 as the revenge and the rebirth of the goatee.
03threefiftyz

Post by 03threefiftyz »

Any thoughts to restructuring the registration into 3 heats again?
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Does anybody have an open co-drive seat? RRT found out that my part had to be shipped from Germany :( Part wont even be in until wednesday next week and its part of the oil pump so its not like I can get around it. Obviously ill offer up a co-drive if you let me drive yours for this event at another event. Sorry for the late notice and thank you in advance if you offer up your car.
03threefiftyz

Post by 03threefiftyz »

I'd offer mine, but I won't have a chance to get the r888's mounted until tomorrow afternoon. If anything needs major surgery to get the 285's to fit up front I may need a co-drive as well lol.
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:Does anybody have an open co-drive seat? RRT found out that my part had to be shipped from Germany :( Part wont even be in until wednesday next week and its part of the oil pump so its not like I can get around it. Obviously ill offer up a co-drive if you let me drive yours for this event at another event. Sorry for the late notice and thank you in advance if you offer up your car.
What about Fred? He offered. ;)
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
Imprezive_04
Car: 99 FRC\EvoX
CDC Member#: 317

Post by Imprezive_04 »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:Does anybody have an open co-drive seat? RRT found out that my part had to be shipped from Germany :( Part wont even be in until wednesday next week and its part of the oil pump so its not like I can get around it. Obviously ill offer up a co-drive if you let me drive yours for this event at another event. Sorry for the late notice and thank you in advance if you offer up your car.

You're more than welcome to drive my STi, it's been almost as fast as that damn m3 :) .....unless of course Fred was serious
Ryan P
bellykat
Car: FFR Cobra Replica
CDC Member#: 139

Post by bellykat »

phranquelynn wrote: jen, i have bad news. my recent addition won't be joining me for the wedding. i have already dubbed 9/13 as the revenge and the rebirth of the goatee.
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

You've made a wise choice, however, in re-growing. It brings some needed badassery to your look. :ugeek:
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
J. Clarkson
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

bellykat wrote:
phranquelynn wrote: jen, i have bad news. my recent addition won't be joining me for the wedding. i have already dubbed 9/13 as the revenge and the rebirth of the goatee.
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

You've made a wise choice, however, in re-growing. It brings some needed badassery to your look. :ugeek:
Don't encourage him.