Frederick on the 11th

Parking lots and traffic cones.
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Re: Frederick on the 11th

Post by FredK »

Don, Although I didn't really want to swap at Harry Grove you are welcome to drive my car. Wade is a Dick-head, but I love him. I will enjoy taking your car for a spin at a future event. I know I can't possibly take the overall, but I live for small pleasures. Just beat Wade, it will ruin his week/life.
Fred
bellykat
Car: FFR Cobra Replica
CDC Member#: 139

Post by bellykat »

Wade Chamberlain wrote: Fred's drunk.....
Again.
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
J. Clarkson
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

Everyone have a great time and enjoy a veggie free event as I will miss this weekends double show. I'll be at Waldorf on Sat and Winchester on Sunday. I know, I know, I'm scum for cheating on the CDC family with other AX floozies. I'll sober up and come crawling back on the 25th. :lol: In all seriousness have a great time at HGS!

John
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

FredK wrote:Wade is a Dick-head, but I love him.
That's the sweetest thing you've ever said to me....snif,snif. :mrgreen:
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

boo john. even missing the TNT .... boo I say. :twisted:
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
thehammer
Car: 1994 miata MX-5
CDC Member#: 800

Post by thehammer »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:Does anybody have an open co-drive seat? RRT found out that my part had to be shipped from Germany :( Part wont even be in until wednesday next week and its part of the oil pump so its not like I can get around it. Obviously ill offer up a co-drive if you let me drive yours for this event at another event. Sorry for the late notice and thank you in advance if you offer up your car.

I have a Miata, that is bone stock, i'm more than willing to let you throw around the track
CDC member # 800
1991 Mercury Capri White(gone)
1991 Mercury Capri XR2 Red(gone)
1994 Mazda Miata White
2008 Volkswagon Eos Silver
http://www.facebook.com/steven.hamrick
or twitter @stevenhamrick
thehammer
Car: 1994 miata MX-5
CDC Member#: 800

Post by thehammer »

hepcatz wrote: I'm scum for cheating on the CDC family with other AX floozies.
YOUR BETTER THAN THIS!

ps, free Miata racing tires are awesome, i found this out during the week
CDC member # 800
1991 Mercury Capri White(gone)
1991 Mercury Capri XR2 Red(gone)
1994 Mazda Miata White
2008 Volkswagon Eos Silver
http://www.facebook.com/steven.hamrick
or twitter @stevenhamrick
Ben L
Car: FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC Member#: 20

Post by Ben L »

Wade Chamberlain wrote:
FredK wrote:Wade is a Dick-head, but I love him.
That's the sweetest thing you've ever said to me....snif,snif. :mrgreen:
Its so cute to see an old married couple bicker. . . .
Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
363 ci Ford Racing Boss Stroker
CDC No. 20
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

FredK wrote:Don, Although I didn't really want to swap at Harry Grove you are welcome to drive my car. Wade is a Dick-head, but I love him. I will enjoy taking your car for a spin at a future event. I know I can't possibly take the overall, but I live for small pleasures. Just beat Wade, it will ruin his week/life.
Fred

Fred,

It sounds like you would prefer another weekend. As your doing me a favor, id rather not put you where your not comfortable. I would still love to swap sometime in that beautiful cobra on an autocross more comfortable with you. (yes I must be delirious for not just taking the offer and running but im trying to be polite).

Ryan,

If you still have the offer on the table I would love to take you up on it. Plus youll get lots of camera action as I bring two cameras (gopro and a regular camera). I know this is a huge favor so let me know if you need any help swapping wheels or need me to bring something. Youve been goddamn real close to me (and beating me on more than one occasion in raw) all season so id love to see how the Sti handles. Ive been dying to try to get my friend to campaign his Sti in STU for nationals. And you get to drive the M3 at another time, itll be losing another 50lbs and getting another 20-30whp, brand new suspension overhaul (aside from the crappy bilsteins and H+Rs on it thatll stay until ASTs go on) and hopefully some wider rubber. That should really wake up the M3 for next season :twisted: .
LaurenceC
Car: 2007, Subaru, STI
CDC Member#: 228

Post by LaurenceC »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:
FredK wrote:Don, Although I didn't really want to swap at Harry Grove you are welcome to drive my car. Wade is a Dick-head, but I love him. I will enjoy taking your car for a spin at a future event. I know I can't possibly take the overall, but I live for small pleasures. Just beat Wade, it will ruin his week/life.
Fred

Fred,

It sounds like you would prefer another weekend. As your doing me a favor, id rather not put you where your not comfortable. I would still love to swap sometime in that beautiful cobra on an autocross more comfortable with you. (yes I must be delirious for not just taking the offer and running but im trying to be polite).
No No, he is serious. You should drive his car. He loves swapping cars :D Wade to!
--Laurence #28 (a.k.a Bear) @20sqfab
2019 Shadow Gray, Chevrolet, Corvette
1993 Gray, Toyota, SW20 MR2 (Autocross)
1993 White, Toyota, SW20 MR2 (Time Trial)
1965 Silver, Factory Five Roadster
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

Post by hufflepuff »

03threefiftyz wrote:Looking forward to it.....hopefully have enough time to get the 285 R-comps on (not hoosiers :( ) without issue.... and be there Sat.

Quick question for those in the know......the T&T on Sunday.....is that just us or are we participating with another organization?
Oh No! Your 285's aren't hoosiers?!

And i thought i was going to be rolling pretty big saturday with my used 225/45-17 on $50 wheels compared to my usual 205/50-17 street yokohamas...

I would assume you will have plenty of grip out of the Toyo R888's. Hope you were able to get those things to fit!
Last edited by hufflepuff on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

They are on............. :o

Right at home on the front of a z33.....it isn't uncommon for people to fit up to 305 A6's on the front with really pulling on the fenders.
Last edited by 03threefiftyz on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

03threefiftyz wrote:They are on............. :o

Right at home on the front of a z33.....it isn't uncommon for people to fit up to 305 A6's on the front with really pulling on the fenders.
Dear goodness..... that will be a fun ride!
03threefiftyz

Post by 03threefiftyz »

I don't know if anyone had pointed this out yet, but this weekend is also In The Streets in downtown Frederick. Several streets are going to be closed and there will be a lot of traffic in and out of town. May want to plan accordingly. It is a fun little event....with lots of food, etc if you want to check it out after we are done on Saturday.
Imprezive_04
Car: 99 FRC\EvoX
CDC Member#: 317

Post by Imprezive_04 »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:
Fred

Fred,

Ryan,

If you still have the offer on the table I would love to take you up on it. Plus youll get lots of camera action as I bring two cameras (gopro and a regular camera). I know this is a huge favor so let me know if you need any help swapping wheels or need me to bring something. Youve been goddamn real close to me (and beating me on more than one occasion in raw) all season so id love to see how the Sti handles. Ive been dying to try to get my friend to campaign his Sti in STU for nationals. And you get to drive the M3 at another time, itll be losing another 50lbs and getting another 20-30whp, brand new suspension overhaul (aside from the crappy bilsteins and H+Rs on it thatll stay until ASTs go on) and hopefully some wider rubber. That should really wake up the M3 for next season :twisted: .
It's all yours, no help needed. We're both in the first heat so you might want to see if you can jump down to keep the dunlops from getting greasy, but thats up to you. I'm usually at HG by 8 so there will be plenty of time if you want to drive it around and get comfy.
Ryan P
FredK

Post by FredK »

Don,
I don't mind if you drive my car at all, just as long as your car has decent tires on it when I drive it. Tommorrow will be a drop day for you if you do though.....Fred
Wade Chamberlain

FredK wrote: Tommorrow will be a drop day for you if you do though.....Fred
Throw down. Do it Don. FTD in Fred's car would be sweet.
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
FredK

Post by FredK »

FTD in a Cobra still won't get index DH.
Wade Chamberlain

FredK wrote:FTD in a Cobra still won't get index DH.
It might without the M3 there!
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
FredK

Post by FredK »

Wade Chamberlain wrote:
FredK wrote:FTD in a Cobra still won't get index DH.
It might without the M3 there!
good point
Bigbacon
Car: 2006 RX8 GT/87 Toyota MR2
CDC Member#: 611

Post by Bigbacon »

T&T is going to be interesting. First time with the car, first time with MT, no power steering, crummy tires! It is going to be a blast.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Sorry Everyone. Results are going to take a little longer than usual. There is only one way to screw up the barcode results and I did it, even after Joe warned me about it. Soon it won't be an issue, but for this event, I will have to produce results from the timesheets. You will probably see them Monday evening.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
03threefiftyz

Post by 03threefiftyz »

Well.....stainless clutch line failed. Took it to the shop, replaced it, tested it thoroughly, and was fine the whole drive home until I got to the exit ramp before my house...............then no pressure in the clutch pedal again. Not leaking any fluid, but somehow the pivot ball in the trans has now broken and is bouncing around in the trans making a nice tinny noise. Going to have to pull the trans and replace it. Not sure if it will be fixed in time for Cumberland next week :cry:.

In summary....epic fail.
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

BugBomb wrote:Sorry Everyone. Results are going to take a little longer than usual. There is only one way to screw up the barcode results and I did it, even after Joe warned me about it. Soon it won't be an issue, but for this event, I will have to produce results from the timesheets. You will probably see them Monday evening.

AHhh noo!! I have no patience :P. It happens, thanks for all your hard work all this season with quick postings.

Thank you very much Ryan Palmer for letting me co-drive your vehicle yesterday, is definitely a blast getting back in a car with plenty of power :) Throw me your email and I can send all the video footage I got off you this weekend.
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

03threefiftyz wrote:Well.....stainless clutch line failed. Took it to the shop, replaced it, tested it thoroughly, and was fine the whole drive home until I got to the exit ramp before my house...............then no pressure in the clutch pedal again. Not leaking any fluid, but somehow the pivot ball in the trans has now broken and is bouncing around in the trans making a nice tinny noise. Going to have to pull the trans and replace it. Not sure if it will be fixed in time for Cumberland next week :cry:.

In summary....epic fail.
That is tragic. Hope you can get it fixed quickly without too much headache.