10/9 at Bowie

Parking lots and traffic cones.
Claff
Car: many Miatas!
CDC Member#: 793

Re: 10/9 at Bowie

Post by Claff »

Quick note on the results: Kate in the #799 Miata should be in small bore.

What's amazing is how close we all run. It stinks that Dan beat me by .01 but take some consolation that I beat someone else by .01 seconds. How can you look at your best run and try to figure out where you could have found an extra two hundredths of a second, gaining two spots in the results?

I haven't run with CDC much this year but I have to say that the last two courses at Bowie have been very well designed. Couldn't find many places to mash my foot on the floor yesterday but it was still a good, challenging course.

Last thought: there were some crazy fast Miatas out there today.
ButtDyno
Car: 2006 Evo MR | 1999 ///M3
CDC Member#: 199

Post by ButtDyno »

03threefiftyz wrote:Which miata ran the 41.7......and on street tires to boot?
mla163 with ProDarwin driving.

Powered by chalk!
Autocross. Serious business.
project:BDR
Unofficial CDC PAX Results page
ButtDyno
Car: 2006 Evo MR | 1999 ///M3
CDC Member#: 199

Post by ButtDyno »

BugBomb wrote:I believe that black chair is in the timing trailer.

Preliminary Results are up.

Please notify me in this thread or over PM if there are any changes that need to be made.
I thought my runs were 43.0 +1, 43.4+1, 43.4 clean, I forget, I forget, 43.2 clean. But I may have missed some cones in there. It happens :)
Autocross. Serious business.
project:BDR
Unofficial CDC PAX Results page
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

Claff wrote:Quick note on the results: Kate in the #799 Miata should be in small bore.

What's amazing is how close we all run. It stinks that Dan beat me by .01 but take some consolation that I beat someone else by .01 seconds. How can you look at your best run and try to figure out where you could have found an extra two hundredths of a second, gaining two spots in the results?

I haven't run with CDC much this year but I have to say that the last two courses at Bowie have been very well designed. Couldn't find many places to mash my foot on the floor yesterday but it was still a good, challenging course.

Last thought: there were some crazy fast Miatas out there today.
Don't feel too bad-- You beat the heck out of me in index.
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
mla163
Car: 2006 WRX
CDC Member#: 29

Post by mla163 »

The miata ran great. I was surprised I didn't have any mishaps. The suspension went on the thursday before the race. I was aligning it in my driveway on friday night. Somehow the big wheels did not rub at all. Travis kicked my butt in it as I expected. I ran OK, but there was plenty more time to find. Those RS3s run well hot.
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

Thanks for the quick turn around on the results Mike. Kudos to the organizers for another good time with CDC and a fun course. I'm definitely improving, surprised at some of the folks I beat in index time. Conveniently at the end of the year so I have plenty of down time to forget it all, lol. Had fun hanging out afters for some grub & brew.

Here's my fastest run from Bowie along with my other Bowie runs and today's event in Winchester with MBGW
http://www.youtube.com/user/gohmchin?feature=mhum#p/p

My camera broke so no pics, just picked up a new one so back in action next event.
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

hepcatz wrote:Thanks for the quick turn around on the results Mike. Kudos to the organizers for another good time with CDC and a fun course. I'm definitely improving, surprised at some of the folks I beat in index time. Conveniently at the end of the year so I have plenty of down time to forget it all, lol. Had fun hanging out afters for some grub & brew.

Here's my fastest run from Bowie along with my other Bowie runs and today's event in Winchester with MBGW
http://www.youtube.com/user/gohmchin?feature=mhum#p/p

My camera broke so no pics, just picked up a new one so back in action next event.
Sorry, John, You whooped me in index too, Dammit. But I had a lot of fun driving Frank's car and I promise to try harder the next time(shallow learning curve hurts). And yes, the debriefing with snacks and brews after the event is the proper way to finish a great day of autox. Thanks to all of the organizers and helpers--you're the best!
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
Ben L
Car: FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC Member#: 20

Post by Ben L »

It was great to see such a large turnout, and the 4 heat event ran pretty smoothly for 90+ cars at Bowie. Kudos to course designer Larry Casey for another great circuit. It squeezed the most out of the smallish lot. Couldn't have asked for a nicer day. Another good one in the books. Here's the (washed out looking) in car of my best run, 41.00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bD1kCnb82U
Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
363 ci Ford Racing Boss Stroker
CDC No. 20
2Blackvettes

Post by 2Blackvettes »

You Guys run a class event.
I am going to have to dump the street rubber for something a little more aggressive.
2BlkVettes
77 BLKOPS 400+hp
bryamill
Car: 2011 BMW 335i e90

Post by bryamill »

Yeah, it was well run and seemed like a great group of people. I'm looking forward to getting out there again. Now I just have to dump these silly Run-Flats on my 335. :(
Racer X
Car: Crossfire SRT-6

Post by Racer X »

My first time at a CDC event, small location but well run and good use of the space. I look forward to attending a Track day. Big thanks to the CDC group and Ed for all the support.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

ButtDyno wrote:I thought my runs were 43.0 +1, 43.4+1, 43.4 clean, I forget, I forget, 43.2 clean. But I may have missed some cones in there. It happens :)
Sorry, the run log shows a cone on your last run.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
smetzger
Car: 09 Miata - Red
CDC Member#: 426

Post by smetzger »

Anyone know if the Elise was stock?

I rode along with the guy for hist first run and it felt very strong.
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

smetzger wrote:Anyone know if the Elise was stock?

I am fairly certain that it has an exhaust.....
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Just look at his index. He is on "semi-r compounds", has 150-200 horsepower, ,and weights less than 2000lbs. Sounds right to me, stock their 190 horsepower at the crank so probably 160-170 at the wheels, and a stock elise weighs 1984lbs. He could have intake, full exhaust, pulleys, and a light software and still be under 200whp im suspecting.

PS- Fred I weighed my car this past weekend at a NASA event. It weights 3002lbs without my cat-back exhaust on and without me in it at half a tank (I had an off at turn 10 that ripped off my cat-back, so maybe add 30-40lbs to that figure to get my "race weight" with CDC). And for those wondering, I cant ever run less than half a tank without fuel starving.
aronparsons
Car: 2006 Lotus Elise
CDC Member#: 336

Post by aronparsons »

I haven't done anything significant to the car. The car is stock outside of the exhaust, air filter and brake pads. It would run in SCCA SS, but it's not maxed out for the class at the moment.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

The official results have been posted to the CDC website Results page.