Parking lots and traffic cones.
WRX11

Re: AndrewTech's Halloween TNT AutoX Sunday Oct 31st

Post by WRX11 »

HF Integrale wrote:Here are my 2 cents, we should get prizes for:

1.) Most Cones Taken For A Ride ;)
4.) Most Confused Driver/Car
7.) and lastly - Most Spectacular DNF/Off Course of the day :D

That's all I can come up with at this time (of night...)
Yeah, these three just begs for a long and bad day if we really implement them for awards.
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
theoffspring99us

Post by theoffspring99us »

can't wait to rock greenman and autox...

tomorrow is going to rock.
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

Another great day with CDC. I've added some photos to the pool but all can be found here:

REMOVED LIKE (contacted poster)

The mighty Slowe Azz had three folks tossing it through the cone jungle today! Thanks to CDC & Andrewtech.

John "hot rod" Hepcatz
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

theoffspring99us wrote:can't wait to rock greenman and autox...

tomorrow is going to rock.

btw, you had a wedgie....hehehee

John and Dan, thx for the Miata! I remember how much an NA miata feels again. Saaweeet!

-Ed
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

Big Thank You to AndrewTech and all of the organizers. A very fun day. And thank you John-- it was great to drive something with some torque for a change. I really enjoyed the smooth ride and great acceleration. Shame on you Denise for not kicking my butt in that Lotus.
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

Congratulations to Fred K (#251) for FTD and Jon M (#466) for Fastest Subaru. Both Fred and Jon won a free alignment from AndrewTech.

We tried several new things at this event. Did people like the "Guess the Time Game," the new timing results display showing all the drivers times, the food, the modified TNT format (3/3 rather than 5/5), Costume contest?? To us (the organizers) it seemed that it was all a hit.
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

Ed, I thought the added activities were great and aded some extra fun to any down time and it also gives something for any non-competitors to be involved in. With the extra PC, those of us who keep track of all of our run times don't have to bother the folks working timing after we have our PM runs to see our slips. Ed O & Dan, you are both welcome and free to drive it anytime! I had fun taking pictures of the car while you two were driving it. Sad there is only one more weekend left. Dan (since you're around the area), is there a good place near HGS to get grub & brew? We should have our traditional Bowie "recap meeting" after the next event, maybe the TnT?
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

In the past, a few of us hit Ruby Tuesdays. I'm sure there are even better places for grub.

I'd be up for anything. I know there's a great tapas place in old Frederick about 2 miles from HG. Basically, if you leave the upper lot, turn right. At the stop sign, make a left (not a right towards Costco).

Isabella's Taverna is on the right not too far away.
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

I just wanted to thank Andrew Tech for sponsoring this event, it was a lot of fun. The course seemed to suit my little car pretty well, thanks L.

Their are tons of locally owned pubs/restaurants in downtown Frederick, for this crowd I'd say try Brewers alley, they brew some good beer, have tons of space, good food and atmosphere. Left on Market street, less than a mile on the right.
from HG.

If some subie type needs an alignment let me know.
FredK
Dan133

Post by Dan133 »

I agree with Fred (33 second Miata) Brewer's is a good bet with tasty microbrews and good food and enough room to take care of a lot of us. The Tapas bar is also good and would be interesting with a lot of people ordering a lot of different things but is is easy to spend a LOT of money a little bit at a time at Isabella's.
Dan133

Post by Dan133 »

echan wrote:Congratulations to Fred K (#251) for FTD and Jon M (#466) for Fastest Subaru. Both Fred and Jon won a free alignment from AndrewTech.

We tried several new things at this event. Did people like the "Guess the Time Game," the new timing results display showing all the drivers times, the food, the modified TNT format (3/3 rather than 5/5), Costume contest?? To us (the organizers) it seemed that it was all a hit.
The 'Guess the Time' game was great! And I think that the 3/3 format was the only workable way to go given the turnout. I personally would prefer the 5/5 format for normal Tnt's with limited attendance. Also loved the new timing display.
Imprezive_04
Car: 99 FRC\EvoX
CDC Member#: 317

Post by Imprezive_04 »

Dan133 wrote:
echan wrote:Congratulations to Fred K (#251) for FTD and Jon M (#466) for Fastest Subaru. Both Fred and Jon won a free alignment from AndrewTech.

The 'Guess the Time' game was great! And I think that the 3/3 format was the only workable way to go given the turnout. I personally would prefer the 5/5 format for normal Tnt's with limited attendance. Also loved the new timing display.

I second this motion. The new timing display is awesome and much prefer the 5/5 format. Yesterday definately ran slow, but for 15 bucks I'm not complaining. :)
Ryan P
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

Dan133 wrote:The 'Guess the Time' game was great! And I think that the 3/3 format was the only workable way to go given the turnout. I personally would prefer the 5/5 format for normal Tnt's with limited attendance.
I agree that the 5/5 format for the normal TNT offers more seat time and more opportunity to change cars with each other. This event was more focused on providing new people to try autocross, for the seasoned autocrossers to get a "fun, cheap day", and to offer more exposure to AndrewTech and CDC. So to get the most exposure possible, we decided to go to the 3/3 format (we did not want to reduce the standard CDC minimum 6 run autox) and fill the field for maximum exposure for Harry Grove.

We hope that this event will be popular enough to do every year.
Spaz_Attack
Car: A used rally car
CDC Member#: 473

Post by Spaz_Attack »

I like the 5/5 format, but with the turnout there was no way to get in that much and for the price I can't complain about 3/3. The Guess the Time game was fun and great for time in between runs.

I managed to get a few pictures and some videos of the event, so here they are:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... E7D4B23C3E
http://picasaweb.google.com/spazattackj ... directlink

If anyone doesn't want pictures or video of their car up or would like me to change the title or something just let me know.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
dhowell
Car: 1999 Miata
CDC Member#: 431

Post by dhowell »

Just checked the Brewer's Alley website and they have an IPA, so I'm in for that.

And thank you for rubbing it in Dan... I did only get five runs. That's my excuse, along with lack of sleep.
DriftSS
CDC Member#: 126

Post by DriftSS »

Thanks to AndrewTech! :D It was a nice event. I Liked the extra activities to move the day along. The course flowed well and was fun. Glad its near the end of the year though because the dominant right handers killed my tire set (in combination with a lead foot and a total disregard for using brakes unless absolutely necessary). Wish I had attended a few more events this year. Maybe the black Camaro will come out of storage more next year.
Stephen Catlin
#126 2008 Black Corvette Z06 :)
Dan133

Post by Dan133 »

dhowell wrote:Just checked the Brewer's Alley website and they have an IPA, so I'm in for that.

And thank you for rubbing it in Dan... I did only get five runs. That's my excuse, along with lack of sleep.
I like the 'only 5 runs' excuse... that 6th run probably would have been a 34 flat. Also don't forget you were working and didn't get to walk the course, yellow is a slow color anyway, and English cars are notorious-just notorious.
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

anyone up for letting Andrew Yates (Andrewtech) drive their car (preferably a Miata?) or a ridealong?

He had such a blast and is now hooked. He's always wanted a cheap Miata to tool around with. I figured if he drove/rode in some of the ones you guys had, he'd be sold.

Of course, any of the other cars as well! Especially Fred's....
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

He's welcome to drive my rather speedy Miata, and/or ride with me in the Cobra. I'm driving the Cobra Sat and the Miata Sunday. I'm thinking about selling the Miata but it's to nice for you guys.
Fred
Claff
Car: many Miatas!
CDC Member#: 793

Post by Claff »

Anyone's welcome to ride along with me (white with BRG stripes/hardtop #793 '90 Miata) on Sunday.
ferris

Post by ferris »

Andrew is more than welcome to drive my miata ... There are a lot faster miatas and a lot of miatas with better tires, but he is welcome to drive mine.

Besides ... it will give him a better idea for the car when they have to align it this winter anyway
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

Cool! I'm sure he'll be happy.

BTW Fred, you're now in heat 4. 8-)
Dan133

Post by Dan133 »

He can drive mine too, but I think Fred's is faster(certainly Fred is) and I will be on RE11's. But it sounds like Andrew could get a nice overview of what is possible.