Last CDC Autocross of the season

Parking lots and traffic cones.
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Last CDC Autocross of the season

Post by Dan133 »

Thanks to Ed and Mike and Jen and Joe and Ed O'D and John and Denise and Ted and Dave and Richard and Kyle and Jake and Larry(thanks for all of the great new course designs, Larry)and all of the organizers I have probably missed for another great season. I am once again faced with 5 months of empty Saturdays and as much as this bothers me I know it will bother my wife even more(small consolation). We had a beautiful day for late November today and I thought the event went off very smoothly( I also drove better than I have lately and that helped my Fun Factor immensely). Welcome to all of the First Timers--Welcome back in the spring--this is a wonderful club to get started with. Congrats to Don and Frank- the presumed winners of the Overall and Small Bore competitions respectively(apologies to the real winners if I am wrong).

Warmest wishes to All for a wonderful 2011,

Dan
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Re: Last CDC Autocross of the season

Post by BugBomb »

No, Thank You, Dan.

I'm sorry about the delay for the results. Yesterday was a little hectic. I'll make sure to get them up Sunday evening.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
johnhef
Car: 1997 Mercedes C36

Post by johnhef »

It was a great well run event, my first one with CDC, thanks for letting me join in! I hope to make it to more next year.
...too many beaters to list
marklombard
Car: FFR - "Leroy"
CDC Member#: 813

Post by marklombard »

I agree. I know two of us newbs had a blast! Can't wait until next year to do it again. Many thanks to all the organizers and other participants who made if a fun event.
God is good-all the time!
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

Thanks to all the CDC organizers for all your hard work this year...it was a great season!

Yesterday was a blast. Really fun course for the HG lot. I can't believe how nice the weather was for mid November.
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

What a great event (and the TnT today) and another amazing season with CDC draws sadly to a close. Thanks to the organizers and attendees for a great time. We'll have to be more active with some other meets during the down time, carting, drives or the like. I have a few pics & vids.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gohmchin/s ... 434781144/
http://www.youtube.com/user/gohmchin#gr ... 630ECAB3C1
http://www.youtube.com/user/gohmchin#gr ... 62ECC8B0AC

Thanks Mike for the tips while walking today and riding along. Dan, thanks for the use of your miata!

Jenn, Dan K, Franklin, Ed O, Ed C, Denise, Mike G, the hammer, AJ, Mehr thanks for the laughs & chat. Jake & Mike, thanks for the driving tips. Ed O, you kick ass at grilling veg sausage. Ferris, thanks as well for the expert grill skills and bringing my four legged co-driver along to some of the events. Wade, thanks for the ride alongs and giving me the viewpoint from a deer. Jim N, Alan, Kate & James D, we'll need to meet up during the down time. Looking forward to the awards meeting. I definitely improved over this season and looking forward to next spring. Anywho, I'm sure this is boring everyone to tears. See everyone at 2011 season!
John
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Great Year! Thank you CDC and all of its wonderful volunteers.

Yesterday was a tough day for me in many ways, first I almost am not allowed out due to play in my upper ball joints in the rear of the car. Then I go out for my first run and do a ridiculous impression of a rallyx and managed to jam/sprain my thumb, only making me more irritable, and then I managed to drive like a chump. Out of 6 runs, I beleive I only got one clean run that was abit less than stellar, congratulations to the many who drove very well.

As for the test and tune, after some good advil for teh thumb I went out for my first "autocross" in David Wampler's STi, that we will be campaigning in. Had a tough time transitioning into AWD but had fun, definitely a lot of work to prep the car properly, but playing a bit with the shocks and pressures had the car a lot more stable and consistent by the end of the day. Morning went from 35s to 34s and finally at the end of the day grabbed a 33.652.

Also got the ridiculous chance to drive the "suxass" impreza. Yeah... I suck at driving that thing, but holy crap that was awesome. Thank you so much for the opportunity, im pretty sure I had a brown moment the first time I hit the throttle hard. Didnt quite do so well in it, but awesome. Made my weekend after having a hard saturday.
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

Who can I bribe to have my results from yesterday replaced with today's :geek:
xph34rt3hr34p3r
Car: 2010 Subaru Impreza STI
CDC Member#: 449

Post by xph34rt3hr34p3r »

Agreed. Thanks to the organizers and to everyone who showed up in support. This was my second year with the club and I had an awesome experience this season. And to all the new people that came, congrats and come on out next season!

On a side note, thanks also to Frank at http://www.cheapcameramounts.com. We corresponded via email before the event and he was kind enough to bring some extra camera mounts which myself and a friend purchased. I just wanted to share the end results with everyone. These were my final three runs in the afternoon. The initial photo is the location on the inside of my hardtop that I chose as a mount over top my right shoulder.

Mount:
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq14 ... 7417_o.jpg

Run1: 37.4 sec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwtzp46oqOA

Run2: 36.7 sec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlPk57dW9Yg

Run3: 36.6 sec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtqYGLqGZak
"Loose is fast, and on the edge you're out of control." -Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder

|2010 STI|RCE Yellows|330F/335R|RCE Swaybars|Kartboy EndL's|Kartboy 6spd SS|SPT Exhaust|
Imprezive_04
Car: 99 FRC\EvoX
CDC Member#: 317

Post by Imprezive_04 »

Damn even if the course picked up some time a mid 33 in an STi is some hella good driving. Also I'm pretty sure your less than stellar performance Sat netted a 98+ point day.

Great year. I hope the schedule stays close to the same next year. Attendance at Winchester will pick up once people find out what they're missing out on.
Ryan P
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

Imprezive_04 wrote:Damn even if the course picked up some time a mid 33 in an STi is some hella good driving. Also I'm pretty sure your less than stellar performance Sat netted a 98+ point day.

Great year. I hope the schedule stays close to the same next year. Attendance at Winchester will pick up once people find out what they're missing out on.
I don't know if the course was faster, but there was certainly less debris in the racing line. Temps were cooler, but traction seemed about the same. I got into the 34's once I had the seat situation figured out.....
Bigbacon
Car: 2006 RX8 GT/87 Toyota MR2
CDC Member#: 611

Post by Bigbacon »

Very fun course today (TNT 11/21), so glad I got to get out in the new (old) car at least one more time before the end of the year.

not awesome but my best run of the day. Second event ever in the car and I got out of first gear this time unlike the bowie event I did with it the last time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nigWuWREU

can't wait till next year now!
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

I had a real good time this weekend. This was the first time I ran with CDC since back in May... I thought the course was one of the better courses we've ran at HG, pretty fast and plenty fun. I had a great time messing with Fred today lol. I think I had him worried a bit after my last run finally dipping into the 34sec times, even with an overshot braking zone on the banked turn... But he sent me an email saying he made pulled off a 34.55 which I'm not at all surprised with finally getting heat into his tires. It's been a good run with him and all the others who've pushed me this season! Def. looking forward to next season. Hopefully I can make a few more CDC events.

Anyways, here my vids from the weekend.
Saturdays runs. Best was my 2nd afternoon run with a 35.57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4AAmZlB4nk
Sunday's T&T morning. Best run was my last with a 35.05, dropping .52 from yesterday already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq4VIgSIKvo
Sunday's T&T afternoon. Best run and best of the weekend was my last with a 34.92, .65 faster than my best Saturday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAeXckZemDE

I can't wait to see Franklin's video of all the drivers he recorded, should be interesting and fun to watch.
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Imprezive_04 wrote:Damn even if the course picked up some time a mid 33 in an STi is some hella good driving. Also I'm pretty sure your less than stellar performance Sat netted a 98+ point day.

You have to remember, I ended up getting 16? runs on that same course. I have been doing this for coming up on 8 years, this year alone 20-21 autoxs, 8 track days, about 7-8 Karting Enduros, plenty of karting short sprints. Ask Mythbusters, enough polishing can make a turd shine :lol:
aronparsons
Car: 2006 Lotus Elise
CDC Member#: 336

Post by aronparsons »

Definitely a good season. It was good getting back into the groove by the end of the year. Looking forward to next year already as I put my car into hibernation today.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Results are up

Please inform me of any corrections to be made in this thread or send me a PM. Final championship standings will be announced later in the week, although they look pretty clear right now. Remember that organizers don't count in the championships, even though they are listed.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

CDC, thanks for a great season!

Organizers, as always thank you for everything from waking up early to get the trailer to setting up to designing great courses to keeping time to finding innovative ways to make the club better and to everything else I never noticed because it was done right. :)

Special thanks to Mike and Mike for letting me drive your cars today. Wow, so that's what happens when you push the throttle in a non small bore car. Another thanks to another Mike for the plug earlier in this thread. And speaking of that, thank you for all who made purchases. Much appreciated funding my autocross budget.

To all my friends at CDC, I always look forward to autocrosses. But it's all of you who put the cherry on top.

Thanks to Fred, Wade, Danny, Don, Ben, Larry, AJ, Dan and James for letting me put a camera mount on your cars. Planning to edit it all into one video and I'll have it up by the end of the week. Might be done by tomorrow as it sounds like a good way to procrastinate from doing what I really should be working on. Yes, it'll include Don's autocross turned into RALLYcross run. Sorry Don.
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

Dan133 wrote:Warmest wishes to All for a wonderful 2011,

Dan
LOL. Sounds like since autocross season is over, the rest of 2010 means nothing. But I know what you mean. Not much action on this forum during the off season. So yes, Happy Thankgiving, Happy Holiday Season, Happy New Year, Happy MLK Day, Happy Presidents Day, Happy Valentines, Happy St. Patty's and that should just about bring us back to autocrossing. :)
edfooliu
Car: 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe
CDC Member#: 815

Post by edfooliu »

phranquelynn wrote: Not much action on this forum during the off season.
I dunno, given season results, maybe we need to have another 50-post thread about small bore rules...
(for the love of god I'm joking)

I'll add my praise for the course on Saturday. Still very impressed how that course made the lot feel much bigger than it is, and I'm doubly impressed that it managed to keep from being too visually challenging through the loopbacks. Great way to end the season, and I hope I can fit more CDC events in next year.

Here's my last run in Danny's Caterham:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahf80LsCSXA
Don't know what time it was, but it couldn't have been my fastest with all the attempted showboating.
"Opinionated"
Claff
Car: many Miatas!
CDC Member#: 793

Post by Claff »

We only got to run with CDC a handful of times this year but each time out was a treat. Today was just awful for me driving-wise. Started out with pressures too high and found no grip, resulting in an embarrassing amount of downed cones. Once I got the tires down to where they should be (about the same pressures I ran when at the Washington Circuit skating rink last month) things got better (low 37.XX). 03350Z said it seemed like a good Miata course, and I'd probably agree with him if my Miata had a better driver (Fred's car looked awesome out there, for example).

I probably won't be back to Harry Grove. Don't know what's up with my car, it's not the lowest or softest sprung but that rut in the middle of the lot got my front tires up into the fender liners quite a bit - usually this only happens occasionally, mostly when I have a passenger. I heard that rub way too much today and I can't imagine that's good thing to do to a car over the long haul. Add in that it's a pretty good haul from Waldorf, leaving straight from work, for a short course. I'll run Bowie as much as I can, and liked Woodbridge the one time we ran there back in May. I imagine we'll be passing on Frederick for the foreseeable future.
dannykao

Post by dannykao »

Dan133 wrote:Thanks to Ed and Mike and Jen and Joe and Ed O'D and John and Denise and Ted and Dave and Richard and Kyle and Jake and Larry(thanks for all of the great new course designs, Larry)and all of the organizers I have probably missed for another great season. I am once again faced with 5 months of empty Saturdays and as much as this bothers me I know it will bother my wife even more(small consolation). We had a beautiful day for late November today and I thought the event went off very smoothly( I also drove better than I have lately and that helped my Fun Factor immensely). Welcome to all of the First Timers--Welcome back in the spring--this is a wonderful club to get started with. Congrats to Don and Frank- the presumed winners of the Overall and Small Bore competitions respectively(apologies to the real winners if I am wrong).

Warmest wishes to All for a wonderful 2011,

Dan
YEAH! What he said!!!

Since my name is Dan K too, I plagiarized Dan's note. (Except the drove better part)

Thank you Ed, The Morans and all the organizers at CDC. I had a great time at every CDC events. So much so I even enjoyed everybody (Yes, I got beat by all 5 drivers that drove my car at CDC this year) beating me in my car - just remember I am old enough to be some of your dads and you need to throw me a bone every once in awhile. :?

All kidding aside, thank you all again for putting up all these events and all the hard work. I am certainly very thankful! :mrgreen:

Happy Holidays!

Danny
Bigbacon
Car: 2006 RX8 GT/87 Toyota MR2
CDC Member#: 611

Post by Bigbacon »

Claff wrote:
I probably won't be back to Harry Grove. Don't know what's up with my car, it's not the lowest or softest sprung but that rut in the middle of the lot got my front tires up into the fender liners quite a bit - usually this only happens occasionally, mostly when I have a passenger. I heard that rub way too much today and I can't imagine that's good thing to do to a car over the long haul. Add in that it's a pretty good haul from Waldorf, leaving straight from work, for a short course. I'll run Bowie as much as I can, and liked Woodbridge the one time we ran there back in May. I imagine we'll be passing on Frederick for the foreseeable future.
Yea I hear you on this, that canyon in the middle is killer....I had the same problem with the bottoming out over it. Very unsettling and sounds like the car is going to fall apart into a million pieces every time I went over it.
Ben L
Car: FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC Member#: 20

Post by Ben L »

How come Larry's time in the Kao 7 is logged in the index results, but not raw?
Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
363 ci Ford Racing Boss Stroker
CDC No. 20
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

Thanks for the quick turn around on the results. Holy crap, I'm 18th in index?! I'm amazed I don't have to use the scroll feature!!! :D It must have been Franlin's lucky penny.
BugBomb wrote:Results are up

Please inform me of any corrections to be made in this thread or send me a PM. Final championship standings will be announced later in the week, although they look pretty clear right now. Remember that organizers don't count in the championships, even though they are listed.
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
ferris

Post by ferris »

I had a great season! It seems like a lot of other people feel that way as well. I would like to personally thank all the organizers and participants for making this season so great.

I would also like to thank everyone that helped deal with my dog yesterday. She had a blast and I hope she wasn't too annoying. When we got home at 5 she went straight to her bed and passed out and didn't move again till 7am this morning. She went out, ate and passed out again until just now (9:30am).

I hope to see everyone at the awards dinner (I think this is happening sometime in the near future) and I'm looking forward to next year.