Need Crew for Comp School This Weekend

Summit Point, VIR, Nürburgring
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Need Crew for Comp School This Weekend

Post by phranquelynn »

Hi CDC friends, I need help. I signed up for SCCA competition school this weekend and I am required to have crew. Crew is responsible for pulling the car from paddock to grid, prepping the car like checking tire pressures and fluids to make sure things are ok, changing wheels, etc. If you're able to turn a wrench it's a bonus but not necessary. Most we would do would be changing rotors or pads trackside, but I'm doing everything ahead of time so I should get through the school without any surprises. The school runs Friday the 18th through Sunday the 20th. Not necessary you come all 3 days. But if you commit to a day, I would need you to stay all day. So far I have Sat and Sun covered. I'm desperate for help on Friday. Give me a call at 202-415-3261 if you're free. Great chance to see some racing and to get a hint of what driver school is all about. Should be a good time and maybe a good learning experience. At the least, a good laugh as they unleash 67 of us newbies on the track for wheel to wheel racing.
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Re: Need Crew for Comp School This Weekend

Post by 03threefiftyz »

What time frame on Friday? I may be able to help.
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

If anyone is bored on sunday when they're helping frank out they should come over to the rallycross that'll be at summit point for a bit :) Just look for the big clouds of dust :)
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

eage8 wrote:If anyone is bored on sunday when they're helping frank out they should come over to the rallycross that'll be at summit point for a bit :) Just look for the big clouds of dust :)
Im prepping my gsx for the 4/17 rallyx event.

Frank I wish I could help but ill be in middle of my own event unfortunately. Glad your getting your license, you shuold come play with us over at NASA as well ;)
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:
eage8 wrote:If anyone is bored on sunday when they're helping frank out they should come over to the rallycross that'll be at summit point for a bit :) Just look for the big clouds of dust :)

Frank I wish I could help but ill be in middle of my own event unfortunately. Glad your getting your license, you shuold come play with us over at NASA as well ;)
Sweet. What class?
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

I'm in Vegas this week so there is no way I am going to get away with being at the track all weekend. Steph has some crazy preconception about couples needing to spend time together or something. Although, technically she qualifies as crew too.
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

eage8 wrote:
D_Eclipse9916 wrote:

Sweet. What class?

SA or PA. All depends on if I have time to return it back to stock. Car is going up for sale this summer so I figured after returning it back to stock id do an event to make sure everything is "reliable". Plus ive been dying to try rallycross but none of my friends are into it so getting a co-drive hasnt been easy.