Roll call for TrackDaze Shenandoah Oct 1-2

Summit Point, VIR, Nürburgring
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

Roll call for TrackDaze Shenandoah Oct 1-2

Post by hufflepuff »

Hey CDC!

I plan on attending the Oct 1-2 trackdaze event. It will be my first time on track with my M3, 6th time overall. I'm also going to do some karting saturday afternoon.

For those who have never run with trackdaze, they feature four 30 minute sessions a day. Visit TrackDaze.com for more details. I'll be in the intermediate group in a silver E36. Hope to see some guys from CDC there.

-Matt
aka hufflepuff
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Re: Roll call for TrackDaze Shenandoah Oct 1-2

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

hufflepuff wrote:Hey CDC!

I plan on attending the Oct 1-2 trackdaze event. It will be my first time on track with my M3, 6th time overall. I'm also going to do some karting saturday afternoon.

For those who have never run with trackdaze, they feature four 30 minute sessions a day. Visit TrackDaze.com for more details. I'll be in the intermediate group in a silver E36. Hope to see some guys from CDC there.

-Matt
aka hufflepuff
I may....be there instructing. Have to figure out if im going to a friends wedding first. Shenandoah is one of my favorite tracks, although I just did Mid-Ohio at NASA Nationals this past weekend and whew, thats an awesome track.
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

Congrats on the national championship, DJ.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

03threefiftyz wrote:Congrats on the national championship, DJ.
Thanks!

Okay, I gave in; I signed up to instruct at the Trackdaze event. Matt say hi if your there!
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:
Thanks!

Okay, I gave in; I signed up to instruct at the Trackdaze event. Matt say hi if your there!
Sounds good DJ. I didnt see a passenger seat in your car at the last autox. Will you have one in at shenandoah?
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

hufflepuff wrote:
D_Eclipse9916 wrote:
Thanks!

Sounds good DJ. I didnt see a passenger seat in your car at the last autox. Will you have one in at shenandoah?

Yeah I will. I gave my friend my nice one, and he gave me his old ratty one. Dunno why I did; I guess because racecar. Need to get a new cover for it. But your more than welcome to jump in for a session.
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

I would be thrilled, thanks!
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

I'll be there. Can't wait to drive the car again.
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

david.valeri wrote:I'll be there. Can't wait to drive the car again.
Awesome dave. Which run group?
david.valeri

Post by david.valeri »

They had to put me in advanced because I drive flat out.
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

DJ, was that a friend of yours who put the white M3 into the wall? Hope he is alright.

Good to see you out there Dave. Have you also been doing FATT or PDX events, and do you have a comp license?

I started in blue but got bumped to yellow. My dry laps were in the 1:48 range with my 200lb brother riding shotgun. The rain sucked, but the dry laps were a blast.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

hufflepuff wrote:DJ, was that a friend of yours who put the white M3 into the wall? Hope he is alright.

Good to see you out there Dave. Have you also been doing FATT or PDX events, and do you have a comp license?

I started in blue but got bumped to yellow. My dry laps were in the 1:48 range with my 200lb brother riding shotgun. The rain sucked, but the dry laps were a blast.
Yeah my friend...and student. Hitting that wall dead on in the passenger side door sucked. My back, shoulders, and neck have been in great pain since then. On drugs right now, but what really sucks is this weekend's upcoming race for me is going to suck with harnesses, hans, and helmet pressing down on my body for a full race. It was extremely painful last sunday to drive, so I kind of just putted around before coming in early.

BTW- No mention of friends health because of course he is feeling perfectly fine.
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:
hufflepuff wrote:DJ, was that a friend of yours who put the white M3 into the wall? Hope he is alright.

Yeah my friend...and student. Hitting that wall dead on in the passenger side door sucked. My back, shoulders, and neck have been in great pain since then. On drugs right now, but what really sucks is this weekend's upcoming race for me is going to suck with harnesses, hans, and helmet pressing down on my body for a full race. It was extremely painful last sunday to drive, so I kind of just putted around before coming in early.

BTW- No mention of friends health because of course he is feeling perfectly fine.
Owch, that is rough. Hope you've been recovering enough for the race. I guess i should get some better seats, i still have my stock ones.
phoenixsage911

Post by phoenixsage911 »

Havent you been on those HPD'S for years Matt?!

I personally believe its added to your driving talent..
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

hufflepuff wrote:
D_Eclipse9916 wrote:

Owch, that is rough. Hope you've been recovering enough for the race. I guess i should get some better seats, i still have my stock ones.
Thanks, yep his was bone stock. Made me drive like ass during the whole weekend. I got my races out of the way the next weekend and definitely happy to have 3 weeks off. Im just resting like an old man.
david.valeri

Post by david.valeri »

I do FATT and Track Daze events, but this summer was slow because of the wedding getting in the way. I do not have a license.

I am trying hard to work out getting the car on my father's trailer so I can do VIR and NJMP next season.
david.valeri

Post by david.valeri »

Glad everyone walked away from that weekend!
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

phoenixsage911 wrote:Havent you been on those HPD'S for years Matt?!

I personally believe its added to your driving talent..
Yes, i've done a few FATT events, a few TrackDaze weekend events, and sportbike trackdays with NESBA. The sportbike is NUTS... makes cars feel slow and clumsy. And for $4000! not to mention bulletproof reliability, easy on gas, and cheaper trackday costs.