ROLL BAR

Summit Point, VIR, Nürburgring
1M3ANM3
Car: 02 WRX; 02 M///;88M///
CDC Member#: 95

ROLL BAR

Post by 1M3ANM3 »

Can anyone recommend a good shop to have a roll bar installed? I've been doing more and more HPDE's and its time to step up the safety. I have a 95 Mustang GT. I would porbably want something welded in, probalby a four or six point bar.

Thanks, Fernando.
Tedzilla
Car: '58 MGA Coupe '04 Porsche
CDC Member#: 1

Re: ROLL BAR

Post by Tedzilla »

Mitch Piper's shop out near Dulles does excellent work and they know the rules. Piper Motorsports.

Ted
Gonz
CDC Member#: 12

Post by Gonz »

How about the guy that did the Sux@$$ machine? Lee something.

I emailed you his info not too long ago. They posted pics of the cage somewhere ( either here or on NASIOC )

Someone recommended to me RPM Fabricators in Elkridge, but I've never seen their work up close.
1M3ANM3

Post by 1M3ANM3 »

Tedzilla wrote:Mitch Piper's shop out near Dulles does excellent work and they know the rules. Piper Motorsports.

Ted
Thanks, Ted. I had another guy on NASA recommend them too.
1M3ANM3

Post by 1M3ANM3 »

Gonz wrote:How about the guy that did the Sux@$$ machine? Lee something.

I emailed you his info not too long ago. They posted pics of the cage somewhere ( either here or on NASIOC )

Someone recommended to me RPM Fabricators in Elkridge, but I've never seen their work up close.
Yep, I got a pm from Mike today and he highly recommends him (Lee Alexander)
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

My friend Ben @ Kaplhenke Racing can do it but I think he's pretty expensive like Piper and RRT. Check out this cage he made for a Spec3 BMW.
blkaplan wrote:We have been building this car over the last month, it is the 2nd SPEC3 in existence as Cabetto (head of nasa midatlantic) finalizes the rule set for public release. We hope this car will drum up some excitement for the new e36 based racing series.

Its my first bmw project, what do you guys think?

you can find more pics @ my site but i will hotlink a couple good ones

http://www.kaplhenke.com/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=48

Polished tubing makes for clean weld surfaces and removes all scratches, mill scale, and irregularities.

Vinyl package + 300 hp

@ VIR

There are probably dozens of prefabricated, inexpensive, bolt-in roll bars for SN95 Mustangs that can be welded if so desired. A roll bar is better than nothing but I'm not planning to venture out onto a racetrack with anything less than a full cage, FIA seat, and HANS device. Read about this recent HPDE incident at Thunderhill 6/21/08 - GT3RS Smashes into me for inspiration to get the best safety equipment money can buy.
Tim.R

Post by Tim.R »

Another vote for Piper Motorsports - http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... otorsports - They put in a removable harness bar for me and I was very pleased with their work.

Tim