Summit Point, VIR, Nürburgring
Checkmate
Car: 2011 BMW M3

Post by Checkmate »

Hello All,

A fellow member (Nathan Atkins) introduced me to the driving club. I live in the Bel Air, MD area.

Looking forward to what the CDC has to offer.

Best,
Sanjay/Checkmate
ACoopeR
Car: 2005 Mini Cooper S R53
CDC Member#: 632

Re: New Member

Post by ACoopeR »

Welcome! I am sure Nathan mentioned this to you already but CDC is great club and very welcoming for new folks. Everyone I have brought has had a blast :mrgreen:
Mods: I have some. They make me :-) I am now broke :-(
Kinickie
Car: 2013 Toyobaru
CDC Member#: 569

Post by Kinickie »

Welcome!

What do you drive? Going by your username I'm guessing MINI Cooper?
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Sanjay good to see you on here! Check out the schedule tab for our regular autocross schedule, the track days are word of mouth through the forum, I look forward to seeing that M3 in action, feel free to ask whatever questions you have and anyone will answer them. Hope to see you at the first event.
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

One other thing if you're interested, some of us who live around here meet up for breakfast, usually at Panera and then sort of convoy in together, message me if you're interested, it'd be a good chance to meet some folks before you arrive, I know sometimes it can be awkward meeting lots of new folks at once. :)
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

Nathan Atkins wrote:One other thing if you're interested, some of us who live around here meet up for breakfast, usually at Panera and then sort of convoy in together, message me if you're interested, it'd be a good chance to meet some folks before you arrive, I know sometimes it can be awkward meeting lots of new folks at once. :)
Tried to PM you however I'm not authorized to use the messaging feature yet. When do guys usually meet up?
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

It depends on how far we have to go, but we generally meet up with travel time plus 20 minutes or so to enjoy some breakfast. So if we're going to Bowie for example, it takes about an hour to get there plus 20 minutes and a target arrival of 8:20, meet around 7am. Obviously it's pretty informal. I can give you a heads up on here if you're interested
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

Nathan Atkins wrote:It depends on how far we have to go, but we generally meet up with travel time plus 20 minutes or so to enjoy some breakfast. So if we're going to Bowie for example, it takes about an hour to get there plus 20 minutes and a target arrival of 8:20, meet around 7am. Obviously it's pretty informal. I can give you a heads up on here if you're interested
Nathan-Please PM me your cell #. This way we can text on upcoming events on the area.