track day?

Summit Point, VIR, Nürburgring
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

track day?

Post by phranquelynn »

This is part of the note after registering for an event. does that mean there's still hope for a track day with cdc one day?

"ATTENTION: Track day participants only! Once you have signed up using the event reservation system, please go to www.capitaldrivingclub.com/hpde for additional information on how to complete the registration process. You must fill out additional forms and mail your payment before you will be added to the event roster. "
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

Re: track day?

Post by hufflepuff »

I would probably sign up; but do you think there'd be enough interest among CDC members?

I'll be at VIR this weekend with TrackDaze.
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
konkilr
Car: 1995 SUXASS LRXTi
CDC Member#: 19

Post by konkilr »

I highly doubt CDC will ever do a track day again. The only event we did the club president wrecked his own car. Not to mention a lot of CDC organizers think the local tracks are too dangerous.

jake
Raceday strategy: Start slow, then back off.
ericw
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 681

Post by ericw »

What was the structure last time? How many people is enough interest?
silver 681
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

konkilr wrote:I highly doubt CDC will ever do a track day again. The only event we did the club president wrecked his own car. Not to mention a lot of CDC organizers think the local tracks are too dangerous.

jake
I don't mind about my car getting wrecked. What I minded was that $11K was spent and we barely broke even. There are some local clubs that have lost over $10K each year on track events. We don't have enough money to risk that much money for one event.

In addition, PCA hold track events for $265 for 2 days (only $132.50 a day). Let them hold the events...
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

there are plenty of clubs that hold events. but the point of cdc hosting would be our club (our friends) would be there. any idea if porsche would be interested if cdc piggy backed on there event. that way cdc can make some money off of promoting it to cdc memebers?
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

phranquelynn wrote:there are plenty of clubs that hold events. but the point of cdc hosting would be our club (our friends) would be there. any idea if porsche would be interested if cdc piggy backed on there event. that way cdc can make some money off of promoting it to cdc memebers?
I doubt pca will want to do a joint event. They were not interested in sharing autocross lot rentals (e.g. to get a volume discount). My guess is that they wouldn't be interested in sharing a CDC track day.
konkilr
Car: 1995 SUXASS LRXTi
CDC Member#: 19

Post by konkilr »

Our only track day was shared with NERD racing. And we still had financial issues.

jake
Raceday strategy: Start slow, then back off.