Trackdaze next weekend

Summit Point, VIR, Nürburgring
ericw
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 681

Trackdaze next weekend

Post by ericw »

Last minute registered for trackdaze next Sunday. Who's in?
silver 681
jrgoldbach
Car: 2000 green miata
CDC Member#: 578

Re: Trackdaze next weekend

Post by jrgoldbach »

sorry, not this time. If it was Shenandoah, i would be much more likely to give it a shot.
ACoopeR
Car: 2005 Mini Cooper S R53
CDC Member#: 632

Post by ACoopeR »

I will be there both days, provided I have enough brake pads, I ordered 3 sets to be safe lol only have one right now....

I do agree Shenandoah is more fun and I seem to have a better relative pace there. Last weekend I dropped over half a second on average lap (1:46.10) time and dropped into the 1:45s for fastest laps. Looking at the data I know the car is capable of 1:44s and below, I just have to suck less haha. The intercooler was really struggling in the later session as was the oil at ~260F which didn’t help so I have a few more things to consider. Only having 7 cars in advanced really helped traffic wise too!

I am sure I can drop a lot of time at main this weekend too. Just need to be less scared of turns 3 and 10 lol. I want to work on being smoother off the brakes and/or left foot brake. I find it easier to be smoother off the brakes and attack the corners at Shenandoah for some bizarre reason…
Mods: I have some. They make me :-) I am now broke :-(
ericw

Post by ericw »

I've taken the wing off. It should be interesting to see how the lap and sector times are affected. Hopefully it stays dry.
silver 681
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

. . . thinking about it
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

I was going to go to the event today but they cancelled it. Only had six people register :( At least I got my money back as the car is in pieces in the garage until the mail man gets here.
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

david.valeri wrote:I was going to go to the event today but they cancelled it. Only had six people register :( At least I got my money back as the car is in pieces in the garage until the mail man gets here.
whoa. are you serious? glad I didn't run up to the garage today to do a bunch of maintenance on the car to prep for this weekend's track days.

looks like trackdaze is more daze than track.
jadams1217
Car: Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 688

Post by jadams1217 »

I believe they only cancelled the Friday event, which was Advanced Driver Education I think. I was there for the Saturday and Sunday HPDE and had a good time. Also recognized a few people (or at least their cars) from CDC as well.
ericw

Post by ericw »

Here is my fastest session (1:35) http://youtu.be/nOURM2_GExI
silver 681
ACoopeR
Car: 2005 Mini Cooper S R53
CDC Member#: 632

Post by ACoopeR »

Awesome, I was just looking through my own data and while not being a pansy for turn 3 helped me drop into the low 1:29s. It was a better line (basically just less steering angle) through ten that got me into into the mid 1:28s. I ended up with ~7 more mph along the straight, even got up to 119.9 before braking for 1 a few times! Looking through the data I know there is more on the table in a number of places and I can be smoother just need more practice.

I should have brake ducts and an oil cooler before the august events which should help me last through the day without destroying the car :roll: Maybe even do some weight reduction with the interior, though I might just keep the heated seats for one more winter :lol:
Mods: I have some. They make me :-) I am now broke :-(
jadams1217
Car: Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 688

Post by jadams1217 »

I was there as well. Here was my fastest session (1:31.25)

http://youtu.be/bHsO0SvL4O0
ericw

Post by ericw »

jadams1217 wrote:I was there as well. Here was my fastest session (1:31.25)
Looks pretty good. It's been suggested to me to go from 5-3 going into turn 1 rather than 5-4-3 FWIW. It made things a little calmer/smoother for me and let me give more attention to braking.
ACoopeR wrote:weight reduction
sweet.
silver 681
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

ericw wrote:
jadams1217 wrote:I was there as well. Here was my fastest session (1:31.25)
Looks pretty good. It's been suggested to me to go from 5-3 going into turn 1 rather than 5-4-3 FWIW. It made things a little calmer/smoother for me and let me give more attention to braking.
I skip the in between gears too. It is much more relaxed that way. The only time it catches me out is when I need to deal with keeping the car on the track and skip the shift to focus on the more important matter. You are then stuck mid corner in 5th gear.

Being a pansy through turn 3 is what I am all about. They cut the woods way back there last year so I need to take a good run at it now that the likelihood of ending up in the trees is far lower.