Summit Point Track Day October 20th

Summit Point, VIR, Nürburgring
DaveL20
Car: 2001 Ford Focus
CDC Member#: 189

Summit Point Track Day October 20th

Post by DaveL20 »

Saw this on the Focus site I am on all the time thought some of you guys might be interested.

Good afternoon all. Lindsay Cadillac is hosting an open track day on Summit Point’s main circuit, October 20th for all to attend. The $260 entry fee includes six 20-minute run sessions for each of the three (Novice, Intermediate and Advanced) run groups, classroom and in-car instruction for Novice drivers by qualified (PCA, ACNA, BMWCCA, SCCA, NASA) instructors and a nice catered lunch. We have arranged fro SCCA Speed World Challenge Champion Andy Pilgrim to attend with in-car instruction at no additional charge.

If you’d like to join the fun, contact Luke Butler at Lindsay Cadillac (703) 824-9670 or LButler@LindsayCadillac.com to register.
Ourisman Chrysler Dodge Jeep
2009 EMRA Time Trial Tuner Under Champion
2010 EMRA Time Trial Tuner Over Champion
Money can't buy you love but it can buy lots and lots of horsepower.
TubeDriver

Re: Summit Point Track Day October 20th

Post by TubeDriver »

I am instructing at this event. Anyone else going?
DaveL20 wrote:Saw this on the Focus site I am on all the time thought some of you guys might be interested.

Good afternoon all. Lindsay Cadillac is hosting an open track day on Summit Point’s main circuit, October 20th for all to attend. The $260 entry fee includes six 20-minute run sessions for each of the three (Novice, Intermediate and Advanced) run groups, classroom and in-car instruction for Novice drivers by qualified (PCA, ACNA, BMWCCA, SCCA, NASA) instructors and a nice catered lunch. We have arranged fro SCCA Speed World Challenge Champion Andy Pilgrim to attend with in-car instruction at no additional charge.

If you’d like to join the fun, contact Luke Butler at Lindsay Cadillac (703) 824-9670 or LButler@LindsayCadillac.com to register.
Tie your shoes, Drive your car, Love your girl!
--
WideSpread Panic
TubeDriver

Post by TubeDriver »

Busy but fun day overall. Only one incident but a bad one. An instructor went off in a Z06 Corvette so far into the woods that you could not see any of the car from the track. He has a broken back (two places), fractured ribs, bruised heart and concussion. :(
Tie your shoes, Drive your car, Love your girl!
--
WideSpread Panic
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

Pete - that's too bad. What were the circumstances of his "off", and where was it? I hope he's going to be ok.
DaveL20
Car: 2001 Ford Focus
CDC Member#: 189

Post by DaveL20 »

The guys I talked to Barry over at RRT said from what he heard the guy went off 10 somehow.

They shut the track down for almost 3.5 hours to get the car out of the woods.

Must have been a pretty big off in that area to end up in the woods.
Ourisman Chrysler Dodge Jeep
2009 EMRA Time Trial Tuner Under Champion
2010 EMRA Time Trial Tuner Over Champion
Money can't buy you love but it can buy lots and lots of horsepower.