TrackDaze weekend 2-3 Oct @ Summit point Shenandoah

Summit Point, VIR, Nürburgring
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

TrackDaze weekend 2-3 Oct @ Summit point Shenandoah

Post by hufflepuff »

I signed up for the TrackDaze weekend 2-3 Oct @ Summit point Shenandoah. Anyone else racing with TrackDaze? Dave said Shenandoah is a blast...
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Re: TrackDaze weekend 2-3 Oct @ Summit point Shenandoah

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

hufflepuff wrote:I signed up for the TrackDaze weekend 2-3 Oct @ Summit point Shenandoah. Anyone else racing with TrackDaze? Dave said Shenandoah is a blast...
I will be running with trackdaze later that month at new jersey Motorsports park. Wish I had time for another just doesn't seem like I could make that event. Have Fun I'm definitely jealous Shenandoah is a fun course
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

I was tempted to bring my rx-7 out for this event, but I think there will be the only Philly region rallycross this year on the 3rd, so I'm probably going to that. I'm pretty sure my brother will be out there in his s2000.
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

eage8 wrote:I was tempted to bring my rx-7 out for this event, but I think there will be the only Philly region rallycross this year on the 3rd, so I'm probably going to that. I'm pretty sure my brother will be out there in his s2000.
What color is the S2k?
eage8

Post by eage8 »

hufflepuff wrote:
eage8 wrote:I was tempted to bring my rx-7 out for this event, but I think there will be the only Philly region rallycross this year on the 3rd, so I'm probably going to that. I'm pretty sure my brother will be out there in his s2000.
What color is the S2k?
Black, the one at the last auto-x with the roll bar.
-Mike #887

goldenfri
Car: 2001 Honda S2000 Black
CDC Member#: 395

Post by goldenfri »

Yup, that's me I just signed up. So I'll be there.
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

goldenfri wrote:
Yup, that's me I just signed up. So I'll be there.
Black and turbo w/ front mount? Which class are you running in?
goldenfri

Post by goldenfri »

Its actually a supercharger with a front mount, but yea. I normally run intermediate.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

They are cancelling the NJMP event so it looks like I may be signing up for this event. See you guys there!
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

I was planning on going, but my friend scheduled his wedding on the 2nd so the weekend is shot.
eage8

Post by eage8 »

david.valeri wrote:I was planning on going, but my friend scheduled his wedding on the 2nd so the weekend is shot.
what a jerk... :)
-Mike #887

D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

See you boys there, my car might look a bit different but say hi and grab a beer (when your not driving of course). Ive got the white yukon denali with open trailer and of course my white m3. Also if any of you want a ride-along on track let me know when your there.
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

I might come up and hang out on Saturday. What is new on the M3, Don?
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

lol ummm...

dual pickup euro oil pump, VAC Shaft Upgrade, Euro Oil pan, new control arms, inner/outer tie rods, sway bar endlinks, motor mounts delrin front control arm bushings, underdrive pulleys, bimmerworld race intake, headlight duct, front splitter, PTG Racing wing, reinforced front subframe, alignment and since my exhaust legit fell off at NCCAR last weekend (stupid weak-ass BMW rubber hangers tore off int he middle of the rubber), no exhaust :P

And hopefully a m50 manifold install and asc delete if I have time. First gotta replace the power steering pump as I blew it out weekend before last. Stupid autoxs and road racing beat up on those things in bmws.
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:lol ummm...

dual pickup euro oil pump, VAC Shaft Upgrade, Euro Oil pan, new control arms, inner/outer tie rods, sway bar endlinks, motor mounts delrin front control arm bushings, underdrive pulleys, bimmerworld race intake, headlight duct, front splitter, PTG Racing wing, reinforced front subframe, alignment and since my exhaust legit fell off at NCCAR last weekend (stupid weak-ass BMW rubber hangers tore off int he middle of the rubber), no exhaust :P

And hopefully a m50 manifold install and asc delete if I have time. First gotta replace the power steering pump as I blew it out weekend before last. Stupid autoxs and road racing beat up on those things in bmws.
Ear plugs.....you will need them :). I am having something figured out to run a single (very small) small race muffler to replace the boat anchor muffler on the back of my car.....and it is already loud.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

03threefiftyz wrote:
D_Eclipse9916 wrote:lol ummm...

Ear plugs.....you will need them :). I am having something figured out to run a single (very small) small race muffler to replace the boat anchor muffler on the back of my car.....and it is already loud.

Its actally not as bad as I thought, the muffler will be going back on at some point but no rush as track events dont require those mufflers and its not nearly as annoying as a spec miata flat out :P
goldenfri

Post by goldenfri »

hufflepuff, where you the one who's brakes caught on fire?
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

Ya... my right front piston exploded, leaked fluid, then seized and my guide pin bushings caught fire. the backing plates on my carbotech pads were warped, and i ate my rear pads past the friction material. looks like i need a brake upgrade...

i had a great time until that tho. My dad allowed me to drive his GTO for a few sessions after my car was retired.

Do you have an AP1 or AP2?
goldenfri

Post by goldenfri »

Damn. I have an AP1, it was fine on Shenandoah, but on main this past weekend my rotors were bright red which made my pads and rotors etch. I'm replacing the rotors and calipers, but I think some ducting is in my near future.
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

goldenfri wrote:Damn. I have an AP1, it was fine on Shenandoah, but on main this past weekend my rotors were bright red which made my pads and rotors etch. I'm replacing the rotors and calipers, but I think some ducting is in my near future.
My rotors were scored very deeply as well. I didnt know yours was AP1... i am looking at replacing the SRT-4 w/ S2k. how's its gas mileage and reliability before mods? what type of pads were you running?
goldenfri

Post by goldenfri »

I get around 25/26 on the highway with the supercharger and gears. Around town its a little lower because its hard to keep my foot out of it. Reliability is pretty good, the engine and transmission are very strong, but the diff is the weak point. I am on my 3rd diff in about 5 or 6 years (first one I suspect died from towing, 2nd one had a loose pinion which ultimately made it grenade its self). I was running the carbotech XP10/8s. I think my calipers may have been dragging to generate that kind of heat though.
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

goldenfri wrote:I get around 25/26 on the highway with the supercharger and gears. Around town its a little lower because its hard to keep my foot out of it. Reliability is pretty good, the engine and transmission are very strong, but the diff is the weak point. I am on my 3rd diff in about 5 or 6 years (first one I suspect died from towing, 2nd one had a loose pinion which ultimately made it grenade its self). I was running the carbotech XP10/8s. I think my calipers may have been dragging to generate that kind of heat though.
is it possible to swap in an AP2 diff? i thought they were stronger...
goldenfri

Post by goldenfri »

That's what I have now. Hopefully this one will last.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Could always get an e36 m3 ;) $40 rotors, bulletproof engine and great powerband. It has its typical faults, but all are 100% fixable/if you fix it before it doesnt happen. After a year and 2 months of owning this car, 18 autocrosses, 6 track days of 2 hours each day, daily driving, and pace car duty, a power steering hose went (typical, 20 bucks in new hose) and I just broke a rear diff bolt (another typical problem, putting in E46 diff bolt, $2.81 at the dealer) Both have permanent fixes and are a common thing on these cars. Mind you, the car has 152,000 miles.

That said, the s2000 is faster and better classed in SCCA.
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:Could always get an e36 m3 ;) $40 rotors, bulletproof engine and great powerband. It has its typical faults, but all are 100% fixable/if you fix it before it doesnt happen. After a year and 2 months of owning this car, 18 autocrosses, 6 track days of 2 hours each day, daily driving, and pace car duty, a power steering hose went (typical, 20 bucks in new hose) and I just broke a rear diff bolt (another typical problem, putting in E46 diff bolt, $2.81 at the dealer) Both have permanent fixes and are a common thing on these cars. Mind you, the car has 152,000 miles.

That said, the s2000 is faster and better classed in SCCA.
How much do the e36 run though?