I haven't abandoned you

Forum feedback, suggestions, report glitches.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

I haven't abandoned you

Post by kyle.bowker »

I just wanted to give everybody a head's up and let you know I haven't abandoned you! I've just been extremely preoccupied with life outside of CDC (is there such a thing?). I'm planning to make a number of improvements to the website, most significantly changing to a content management system to help us better create and maintain this place we call home. The entire website will be getting a complete makeover. To make this work, I plan to switch to a more reliable web host (Yahoo! has been pretty craptacular), which should improve the performance of the CDC Online Reservation System, blog, and forum as well.

The CMS will allow users to have a single login for all areas of the website so you can sign up for events, comment on our blog posts, or chat with us on the discussion forum using the same username and password. I just need to work out all the details and do lots of testing before we switch over. In the meantime, I will continue with our legacy website that was first invented in 2003 and has received numerous ramshackle additions and band-aid repairs ever since.

For everyone clamoring for the 2009 schedule, rest assured it will be posted to the schedule page soon. If you've been paying attention you'll see that it's already been posted on the blog, the forum, Facebook, and sent via e-mail. We won't allow anyone to sign up until about 2-3 weeks before the first event anyways so there's really no rush. Relax, it's the off-season, so enjoy it. See you all at the awards luncheon on Sunday February 22nd.