Major Changes In The Works

Forum feedback, suggestions, report glitches.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Major Changes In The Works

Post by kyle.bowker »

Yahoo!, our web host provider, has never been great and lately they've done some things that really harm the site. Our online reservation system no longer works as it should and our forum keeps getting shut down due to a mysql database table that gets hung up. All of it is related to Yahoo!'s servers being hopelessly out of date and incompatible. I would have preferred to wait until the off-season but I am forced to take action now. Accordingly, I am planning to move the site to another provider tomorrow. In the meantime there may be intermittent glitches and functionality issues. The new site will probably be bare bones in the beginning with just enough functionality to get us through the next events but the move should eventually allow us to have much better integration. Thank you for your patience and understanding. I'd also like to wish a Happy Veteran's Day to all those who've served our great nation.
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Re: Major Changes In The Works

Post by Dan133 »

Thanks for all of your hard work, Kyle. It's one of those classic, 'you don't miss it till it's gone things' but when the forum or reservation system is down we REALLY do miss it.
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

The changeover is in the works. I've transferred all the files and databases to the new host and done some testing of the blog, reservation system, and forum. All appears to work again but until they see a real load it's hard to say. I'm going to change the DNS settings to redirect users to the new server location. It could take up to 72 hours for these new DNS settings to propagate across the Internet so your experience may be weird until that is resolved. Please be patient as we make this move happen. The goal is to open up reservations for the next events at Harry Grove this Thursday sometime.

If you'd like to see the CDC website before the DNS issue has been resolved click here.

If you'd like to sign up for an event before the DNS issue has been resolved click here
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

I haven't had any problems at all except a few of my posts disappearing in the changeover which is expected. Everything is working great. Thanks kyle! :)
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD