Accepting new members?

Have a question about CDC membership?
TopGear
CDC Member#: 0

Accepting new members?

Post by TopGear »

Hi everybody. I'm coming out to my first CDC autox this weekend at summit point, and I'm wondering if you are accepting new members at this time. I'd like to join.

Thanks!
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Re: Accepting new members?

Post by echan »

Yes, we are accepting new members. You can just fill out an application and pay the dues. The entry fee will also be only $30 as a member, rather than the $35 non-member rate.

At the other autox's, the member rate is $25 with non-member rate of $35. TNT member rate is $35, with the non-member rate of $40.

Ed
glue
Car: 1990 Mazda Protege LX

Post by glue »

I am new to autocross, and I want to come out to the April 3 PG Stadium event. But I see it's only open to members and guests... can I register now and become a member at the event?

Kyle
echan

Post by echan »

glue wrote:I am new to autocross, and I want to come out to the April 3 PG Stadium event. But I see it's only open to members and guests... can I register now and become a member at the event?

Kyle
Yes, just use "0" as the member number AND type "I will be joining the club at this event." in the Notes Section.

Ed
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

Glue,

Look forward to seeing you there. Be sure to say hi and ask for plenty of ride alongs from the regulars and have instructors hop in to offer tips & navigate for you.
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
glue
Car: 1990 Mazda Protege LX

Post by glue »

Great, thanks! One other thing: I have a couple friends that want to attend but are not sure about becoming members (they're also newbies, and are unsure whether they'll want to come back for more events this season). Can they come as guests of me? (seems a little silly but I might as well ask). If not they may come as spectators.

Thanks again!
echan

Post by echan »

glue wrote:Great, thanks! One other thing: I have a couple friends that want to attend but are not sure about becoming members (they're also newbies, and are unsure whether they'll want to come back for more events this season). Can they come as guests of me? (seems a little silly but I might as well ask). If not they may come as spectators.

Thanks again!
Your friends can participate as your guest, but the entry fee for non-members at the autocross is $35 (rather than $25 for members) and $40 at Test and Tunes (rather than $35 for members). You (members) can make a reservation for guests at the same time you make a reservation. Non-members that are not guests of members must wait for the "open" reservation period, which starts 8 days before the event.

Non-members that join the club before the end of the day will pay $30 for annual dues and will be refunded the difference of the non-member fee for that day.

Ed
ZXCSASAA

Post by ZXCSASAA »

I am new to autocross, and I want to come out to the April 3 PG Stadium event. But I see it's only open to members and guests... can I register now and become a member at the event?