When is membership open again?

Have a question about CDC membership?
Tim.R

When is membership open again?

Post by Tim.R »

When will the membership be open again? I ran a couple of events last year and would like to join and be more active this summer.

Thanks,
Tim
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Re: When is membership open again?

Post by echan »

We will probably open up membership this summer. We may also open up membership earlier during the autocrosses at Bowie to attach more participation at that location.

We have to be careful to balance the number of members that typically participate at each event so that members can have a reasonable expectation of being able to participate at any events, provided that they reserve a slot before the "open" reservation period begins.

I would be the first person to open up membership for everyone all the time, except the club would have too many members and not enough slots at any given autocross. In the past we've been able to increase the membership by increasing the field size and increasing the number of autocrosses in the season. We also added our Test and Tune days to also accomodate the demand.

I know I didn't really answer your question with a definative date. However, when we decide to open up membership, we will post it on the web site, the forum and in our e-mail announcements.

Ed
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Re: When is membership open again?

Post by echan »

Membership will be opened at the first event, March 30th. Depending on how many new members we get on the 30th, we may extend the period for accepting new members.

We have to be careful not to add too many members too quickly, so that our members have the ability to participate in their own club's events. Over the last few years, the first event of the season was held at Harry Grove and getting sold-out.

This year, our first event (and several after that) is at Bowie Baysox, which can accomodate more people. So we're estimating and we can take a few more members at the begining of the season. My guess is that we'll probably stop membership after the first or second event and evaluate the membership levels again.

Also, 2008 membership dues will be $30 to cover our increasing costs.
Ed