moving/car storage

Funny jokes, home repair, politics, movies. Please keep it clean. PG-13
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

moving/car storage

Post by hepcatz »

I'm moving this month, haven't locked in anything yet so if you have any leads, let me know. Prefer NOVA area but open to other options. Wanting $1300 or less. Also in need of storage for my ax car & tools since most places don't have a garage if you have any suggestions.
thanks,
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
yardy8301
Car: 90 Miata
CDC Member#: 338

Re: moving/car storage

Post by yardy8301 »

NOVA is a pretty huge area, might need to narrow it down some. Here is my shot in the dark: Its been a couple years since ive had to look but one thing that I remember is to look for condo rentals. From what I remember, you usually get more bang for the buck going with an individually owned property than apartment complex. If you are looking in the Alexandria City area, check out close to landmark mall. Easy access to 395/495 and metro and public transport is super easy. I know a couple people (including myself) who live(d) in that area for the price range you are looking for. They also had private gated parking, better than average visitor parking, and all the basics you would expect.

Cant help with the car storage, if the car is registered and you just need storage area for thecar stuff, my idea about individual condos may work awesome for you. When I rented, our unit had a huge storage area on the ground foor where we could store whatever and it was locked.