Rock Climbing

Funny jokes, home repair, politics, movies. Please keep it clean. PG-13
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Rock Climbing

Post by BugBomb »

Anyone here into climbing? Denise Howell and I have been going to Earth Treks Columbia for a few weeks now, and we occasionally venture over to the Rockville location as well.

We will be in Columbia tonight around 6 and at Rockville Friday evening. If any CDC folks want to join us, come on out. If you are interested but have never done it before, you don't have to pass any tests to try it. You just need a day pass and a rental harness. We can show you the basics and give you enough info to pass the belay test if you wish. It's a lot of fun and can be really challenging.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Re: Rock Climbing

Post by v10climber »

I climbed for 12 years before auto-x "officially" took over my life :lol:

It's a blast and definitely worth a shot to anyone who is thinking about it.
--Nick D
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

Post by hufflepuff »

I used to climb indoors and outdoors pretty frequently (see my profile pic), but lately having two project cars (track/autocross integra and talon rallycross car) has left me without time.  Do you guys have memberships or are you just paying per visit?
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
dhowell
Car: 1999 Miata
CDC Member#: 431

Post by dhowell »

Since we're trying to go two times per week, the membership was a better deal. It's a bit pricey ($75/month for the multi-gym membership, since we're now going to Rockville ocassionally) but also includes access to the fitness center, free members-only clinics, and a few guest passes.
yardy8301
Car: 90 Miata
CDC Member#: 338

Post by yardy8301 »

I once tried the indoor rock climbing facility off of eisenhower in Alexandria. Lets just say I didnt take too well to heights.