So who else is sick of being stuck at home...

Funny jokes, home repair, politics, movies. Please keep it clean. PG-13
flohtingPoint
Car: 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS
CDC Member#: 485

So who else is sick of being stuck at home...

Post by flohtingPoint »

I just finished all my beer and I'm literally bored out of my mind. This storm has helped me catch up on my reading, I crushed three issues of Motorsport and two issues of F1. I'm now down to re-watching the 1994 season of F1 hoping that Ayrton Senna doesn't die this time.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Re: So who else is sick of being stuck at home...

Post by echan »

My power when out at 9:45 pm on Friday and didn't come back on until 3 am. Needless to say, I went to bed and tried to stay warm. The house went below 50 degrees. Other than being cold, I was worried that if the power didn't come on, my pipes would start to freeze. So when the power came on, I was super happy. Unfortunately, my cable TV was out all yesterday. I was able to surf the web (DSL), but quickly got super bored.

I cleaned off the snow on my Jetta and Miata, when it was still snowing but didn't bother with the pick-up truck. Just walking around was difficult. I think I got about 30". Although my pants in-seem is 30" plus the height of my boots would mean that when the snow when to my belt, it was at least 30" (plus the fact that I wasn't sinking all the way to the ground). I too tried to catch up on my reading. My friend lent me a book "First Light," which is an auto-biography about a Spitfire Pilot during WWII. So I started that book. I also have another book that another friend lent me - "The Gold Plated Porsche" about a guy that restored his 911.

Today was better with my cable back and the sun out. I just got back from spending 3 hours shoveling my driveway, knocking off all the snow off the bent over tree limbs and iciles off my roof. I noticed that I have a 15 foot tree limb that fell veritically onto my wood picket fence and about 4 large magnoila branches fallen on the ground. All the branches are just too far to walk in the deep snow. I'll check it out when the snow melts.

Now I can watch the Super Bowl!
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

i hurt my elbow at the very beginning of this year. before it completely healed, i came down with a 102.7 fever. as the fever broke, i developed a crazy cough. was diagnosed at pneumonia. 10 days after antibiotics, i went to another doctor seeing i wasn't getting any better. was prescribed another antibiotic and was told the first doctor was an idiot for diagnosing it as pneumonia. and as i spent another week at home, i thought i was getting better enough to venture out. got out to starbucks for a coffee and then this crap (snow) happened. i've been out a whole 4 times (not counting doctor visits, grocery shopping, etc) this month. i am totally sick of being sick and stuck at home. well, my gf's home. and now i can't even go home. i'm sure my alley is a mess and there's no way my miata will make it through a couple feet of snow. as earl said earlier, think sun and cones.
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

wow... and I thought ed's story was going to be hard to top...

I just stayed inside for a day and a half, watched TV and drank beer. it was actually kind of nice...

and then I went and shovelled 3 cars out of the snow and now I'm pretty much dead sitting at work doing nothing. I don't think I'll dig the corolla out of the snow till the next auto-x.
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
flohtingPoint
Car: 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS
CDC Member#: 485

Post by flohtingPoint »

eage8 wrote:wow... and I thought ed's story was going to be hard to top...

I just stayed inside for a day and a half, watched TV and drank beer. it was actually kind of nice...

and then I went and shovelled 3 cars out of the snow and now I'm pretty much dead sitting at work doing nothing. I don't think I'll dig the corolla out of the snow till the next auto-x.
Yea, my Rolla is invisible right now too. I wouldn't be suprised if people throw more snow on it, thinking it's just a drift.

We did do our fair share of drinking

But we also decided to stay sober for periods of time when we would go down to the shop and work on the MR2. This photo was taken last night, this is the area where the snow tapers near the garage.
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

haha, that's pretty impressive.

they just updated the advisory for tomorrow night.

" Accumulations... potential for 8 or more inches of snow. There is a good likelihood of snow in excess of 10 inches."

I've seen other places reporting up to 15-18" of snow... this should be fun.

I'll have to restock on food and beer tonight :)
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
Claff
Car: many Miatas!
CDC Member#: 793

Post by Claff »

Heyull ten inches is nuthin after last weekend. Just a drop in the bucket.

Topper says us in the sunny south are only expecting 6-12

I just wish I had more garage spaces