MD Inspection

Discuss all things auto related.
Areddi
Car: 2013 Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 650

MD Inspection

Post by Areddi »

I am looking at possibly buying a project Miata that will need some work. It is a 97' so I'll have to get it inspected (not old enough for historic). I am looking to see if anyone knows an inspection station where they don't grill the small details. This thing is gonna need work, but I really don't want to get nit-picked on small and annoying stuff. If anyone has someone or a place they know to recommend that would be great!
Check out my YouTube channel with Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAreddi
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Re: MD Inspection

Post by v10climber »

Areddi wrote:I am looking at possibly buying a project Miata that will need some work. It is a 97' so I'll have to get it inspected (not old enough for historic). I am looking to see if anyone knows an inspection station where they don't grill the small details. This thing is gonna need work, but I really don't want to get nit-picked on small and annoying stuff. If anyone has someone or a place they know to recommend that would be great!
What small annoying stuff are you thinking about? turn signals, reverse lights, head lights, good tires, good brakes, windows not cracked, horn works. I think that's about it. Most of that should be working or be on the top of your priority list anyways. Just have to work on it for a few weeks after buying before you can get it inspected.

or register it in Florida... that's what I do :D
--Nick D
vettegirl
Car: 1996 Miata, 2011 Corvette
CDC Member#: 963

Re: MD Inspection

Post by vettegirl »

Take it up to Ed York in Mt. Airy. He did our 1996 when we bought it last fall. He's not going to let safety items go, but he won't nickle and dime you either. York Automotive, 301-831-7337. He races spec Miatas. He does good work too, if you need anything done. He also has a dyno machine and can do corner balancing, alignments, etc. FYI, our car has no interior, and at the time we took it to him had one race seat, one stock seat, etc.