ground control height adjust wrench

Discuss all things auto related.
ferris

ground control height adjust wrench

Post by ferris »

I just installed my "new" koni sports with ground control coilovers on the car. There is one problem, it is undrivably low (as you can see from the attached picture)

Does anyone have an adjustment wrench that I can borrow.

TIA
flohtingPoint
Car: 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS
CDC Member#: 485

Re: ground control height adjust wrench

Post by flohtingPoint »

No attached photo.

Is this your daily? If it can hold off until the next event I have one kicking around my toolset somewhere that I can dig up for you. If not, you can jack up your car, use a spring compressor on the spring and then screw it up by hand.
ferris

Post by ferris »

I am having trouble posting the picture. I assume it is too large to post, I will try to compress it.

The car is not a DD and I need the wrench at some point before the 26th when the car gets aligned.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.
ferris

Post by ferris »

I was able to adjust the height a little bit by hand, but this is how it looked right after I put the car back on the ground.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

Lower it.
ferris

Post by ferris »

I tried to put my cover on the car and only got the rope to the middle of the car at that height. When I went to the other side I made it mid-forearm before I was stuck and couldn't get my arm any further under the car.

Once I got a 2 finger gap in the front and about a 3 finger gap in the rear I took it for a little drive. There was a slight dip on a left hand turn and I was hitting the bump stops. Lowering the car would be great if I wanted my suspension to be my bump stops.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

Of course I was being facetious when I suggested you should lower it. Konis suck at that ride height. If you did want to be that low you would need shorter shock bodies, shorter bump stops, and much stiffer springs.
ferris

Post by ferris »

I know you were joking ... I was just playing along.

I also thought it was amazing now low the car actually went without having the wheel liner resting on the tires and I was also impressed at how little camber I had at that height with stock alignment specs.

The car did not drive very well after it was raised as much as I could without the wrench. First the front tires would loose grip, then after correcting for this the rear end would come around. It was very squirly, but still tracked straight. I can't wait for Andrewtech to get their hands on the car and fix it properly.
DrSeuss

Post by DrSeuss »

Did you buy it from them directly? When I needed to raise my car, I just gave them a call and they looked me up on the computer to verify that I purchased a kit and shipped me out a wrench free of charge.

I'll check around and see if I still have mine. Since I no longer have my car, I don't need my wrench anymore.
defylogik
Car: Subaru STi / Miata Rat
CDC Member#: 352

Post by defylogik »

kyle.bowker wrote:Lower it.
i agree. it is definitely not low enough. :P
going balls out
http://www.racedayvinyl.com
Yep, we do numbers, and graphics, and unicorns.
ferris

Post by ferris »

I bought the entire suspension, 99 hats, (not sure what type) bump stops, koni sports and GC coilovers with 550/375 springs assembled and ready to go from craigslist. I actually e-mailed the guy about the wrench and he shipped it out yesterday.

It is coming from cali, but I assume it will be here before the 26th.

Thanks for the offers anyway and sorry to waste your time.

I assumed that when I didn't hear back the next day that meant I was not getting the wrench shipped to me. (He normally responded in a couple hours)

Again, thanks so much

Jeff
ferris

Post by ferris »

The car is finished. Andretech worked on the car yesterday (all day long). It is properly corner balanced and aligned for auto-x. They also spent a lot of time trying to get my rusted cat-back exhaust off the car. But finally, the exhaust is on and the car is properly aligned ... the only problem is now I have no excuse for my terrible times.

The exhaust is not too loud, it is not even close to how loud the cobras, suxass or tc cars are ... I am very pleased and very excited to really test the car, unfortunately the next auto-x I can make it to is sept 19th.
flohtingPoint
Car: 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS
CDC Member#: 485

Post by flohtingPoint »

ferris wrote:The car is finished. Andretech worked on the car yesterday (all day long). It is properly corner balanced and aligned for auto-x. They also spent a lot of time trying to get my rusted cat-back exhaust off the car. But finally, the exhaust is on and the car is properly aligned ... the only problem is now I have no excuse for my terrible times.

The exhaust is not too loud, it is not even close to how loud the cobras, suxass or tc cars are ... I am very pleased and very excited to really test the car, unfortunately the next auto-x I can make it to is sept 19th.
Good to hear man, glad your car is all setup and properly balanced =)