Crazy 425-hp Triumph Spitfire

Discuss all things auto related.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Crazy 425-hp Triumph Spitfire

Post by kyle.bowker »

Carscoop wrote:Talk about globalization; this guy took the pride (…) of British roadsters, a 1976 Triumph Spitfire and stuffed it with Japan’s iconic R31 Nissan Skyline RB20 powertrain. According to the fella that’s selling the pimped roadster on eBay, the Skyline’s 2.0-liter turbocharged engine is good for a whopping 425 Hp. Not bad if you consider that, the Spitfire weighs just about… 1,800 lbs or 815 kg. Of course, there’s no way of verifying the sellers claim on the engine’s output, but if true, this is one Triumph that can definitely spit some serious fire-power
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... otohosting

Gonz
CDC Member#: 12

Re: Crazy 425-hp Triumph Spitfire

Post by Gonz »

he should have saved some of his engine money and put it towards a decent set of tires and a hood scoop that doesn't look like a house of cards falling down :roll:

given the attention to detail paid to the parts you CAN see, I'd be very leary of how well he put the motor & rest together.
WRX11

Re: Crazy 425-hp Triumph Spitfire

Post by WRX11 »

Wow, that looks like a Skyline engine. :D Ahh..NM, helps to read the wording but I am always just drawn to the picture..At least I was right. :D
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.