WDCR Rallycross

Discuss all things auto related.
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

WDCR Rallycross

Post by eage8 »

So I just signed up for the WDCR Rallycross at summit point on 3/14. I watched a few youtube videos of past events and it seems pretty fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN7xuD0wZAY

The courses seem really long and possibly confusing :P I'm going with my bone-stock 2.5RS and I'm trying to convince my brother to bring his stock civic hatch haha. Is anyone else from CDC planning on going? Have any of you ever been to one? How did you like it?
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Re: WDCR Rallycross

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

WDCR hold kickass rallyx events. Summit Points off road venue is so awesome. It is such a blast. My friend was real into autox and then he did a rallyx once in his Celica and he pretty much said screw autox lol.

Here a few of my pics and vids from the RallyX event's I've done there.

first event I ever went to, a 2.5rs rolled over. It was very comforting hahah
if they spray the course, some spots can get reeeal muddy, esp if it rains the day before..

My fav. personal video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdxU844f3NM
WDCR was able to bring out a couple of buggies and let people test them out for free...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdxU844f3NM
my last RallyX event..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=godPEUShKbc

The courses are not confusing at all, much easier than autox. The courses are pretty much cut out and they do a parade lap before your runs so it's almost impossible to get lost. You'll have a blast, I can almost guarantee it. Just a few suggestions, wear old clothes you don't care about getting dirty. maybe bring a face mask or bandanna. It gets real bad if the course is dry when you're out there working. Bring a lunch, they only give you like 30min lunch break and there isn't much for food around Summit Point. Bring water for working, for when dust gets in your mouth. Make sure everything is tight and secure on your car, their courses are VERY rough. A LOT leave with broken/missing parts. Pump up your tires to atleast 40psi, de-beading can happen easily...Just be prepared for a very long day. The courses are long and they do a lot of runs so it ends up going all day.

Let us know how it goes! I hope to make it out there sometime this year maybe just to watch/ride along, though I may not be able to run since I don't have a car to run anymore :cry:
eage8

Post by eage8 »

haha, that's a bit scary...

currently there are only 9 people signed up :-P so hopefully I'll get lots of runs :) I'm looking forward to it.
-Mike #887

AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

I'm sure more will enter. IIRC there's usually like 30 cars on average. I believe you get about 8 runs(depending on conditions and # of entrants), 4 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. They are looong runs too. They make u work out there, takes a lot to whip the car around off road for a couple minutes. It sucks in the summer heat lol.

If you havnt already, check out http://www.dirtyimpreza.com. A lot of the ppl that run at those events are on there. Some badass cars too.
eage8

Post by eage8 »

RallyX is awesome :)

It's definitely fun to by encouraged to drive sideways and slip all over the place :) but it's definitely not easy on your car :p: I got home and almost immediately started looking at skid plates :)

All the people there were really nice.

The courses are huge, the average time was probably around 2 1/2 minutes and we ended up getting 11 runs each. so you get a pretty good amount of seat time :)

Bottom line, it's a whole lot of fun :)

Here are some pictures, I have more on my camera that I'll probably upload later.

-Mike #887

moxnix
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata

Post by moxnix »

Did you happen to get any pictures of my car? :D

eage8

Post by eage8 »

Here are some videos of my last event... it's still awesome :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0OJjP2BIsk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8s5zTHKP0M

moxnix: you should bring your rallycross FC out to the woodbridge autocross and autocross it on rally tires :)
-Mike #887

moxnix
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata

Post by moxnix »

eage8 wrote:moxnix: you should bring your rallycross FC out to the woodbridge autocross and autocross it on rally tires :)
Why do that when I have a perfectly good miata for AutoX?
I don't want to just rip them up like an autoX would do.

Any idea why the idle on startup is so bad on my RX-7?
eage8

Post by eage8 »

moxnix wrote:
eage8 wrote:moxnix: you should bring your rallycross FC out to the woodbridge autocross and autocross it on rally tires :)
Why do that when I have a perfectly good miata for AutoX?
I don't want to just rip them up like an autoX would do.

Any idea why the idle on startup is so bad on my RX-7?
I think autocrossing something on rally tires would be hilariously fun :) but yeah... they probably wouldn't last long. maybe save that for when you have a set you're done with :P

I'd have to look at it. I can come over after the woodbridge auto-x if you want. I know a few other smart rx-7 guys in that area I could bring too.
-Mike #887