Intro

Discuss all things auto related.
TR4A
Car: 1966 Triumph TR4A

Intro

Post by TR4A »

Hi all, I'm not really new to the game (actually, I don't really autocross) but I thought I'd introduce myself. I've been tinkering with sports cars and motorcycles (mainly British) for over twenty years now. I'm putting together a website showcasing my past projects and thought that it's ready for distribution. Anyway, take a look and ask questions. I know this sight focuses mainly on autocrossing and I know it'd be fun to take my Triumph out but wire wheels are fragile!
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Re: Intro

Post by kyle.bowker »

Typical British car owner excuses! LOL I guess when you spend so much effort getting them to run right you're afraid to do anything that might jeopardize that. You can co-drive my Miata whenever (yes, you will see me at a select few autocrosses this year).

^^ For those who don't know Aaron was the first ever CDC webmaster.
TR4A

Post by TR4A »

kyle.bowker wrote:Typical British car owner excuses!
HA!.....well, you're right actually. :?
JoeTR6
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 44

Post by JoeTR6 »

Aaron! I have a project for which your expertise will be required. My dad gave me his 1968 Triumph T100C. When he got it for free sometime in the late 70's, "there wasn't a straight part on it". He fixed it up (mostly) and rode it everywhere. Now it's sort of ridable, but the clutch sticks, it pops out of third, the suspension flops around, there's a random on/off switch hidden somewhere in the electrical system, and it burns/leaks oil like crazy. The gas tank, however, has the shine only a $10 rattle can job can give it. Great fun. I'm hoping to start taking it apart soon, right after I finish the club's timing system, Ed and I get his TR6 back on the road, and I totally refinish a master bathroom.

Come on out to an autocross and I'm sure someone will let you drive. Ed has a really cool Sprite that needs breaking (in).
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

Awesome, there's nothing better than working on some 2 wheeled Brit iron, other than riding it.
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
TR4A

Post by TR4A »

Hey Joe! It's been a while. I remember you mentioning the Triumph. I'm totally up for the task. Oddly enough I agree with hepcatz. It's often more fun to work on one rather than ride. Maybe it's the traffic around here.

Aaron