(4) Nitto NT01s, 205/50/15, 50% life remaining

Items for sale or trade.
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

(4) Nitto NT01s, 205/50/15, 50% life remaining

Post by hufflepuff »

I have (4) Nitto NT01 tires, 205/50/15, r compound 100 treadware. They were used at the start of last season for one autocross (at which they helped the Integra score 99 points, darn you Wade!) and at 6 time trial weekends with NASA. Time Trials are shorter than full HPDE sessions, so 6 weekends is pretty light.

The NT01s start with a tread pattern at 6/32" and then transition to slicks with two grooves at 3/32" (half life). These tires are JUST making it to the "slick" portion of their life. NT01's are generally sticky to the cords, and these tires were only tenths off the summit point TTE record last month so they definitely still have speed! Even though they are grippy, they generally wear like iron and tolerate all the heat you can throw at them.

While their remaining life is great, they have a few minor flat spots that result in highway speed vibration. This is not a big deal for track events or for autocross, but it would be annoying driving a long distance with them. The good news is that they are also fairly evenly worn, as I rotated them every event (sometimes twice per event).

Brand new these run around $600 a set. I'm asking $200 for the set. The only reason I de-mounted them is for Maxxis Contingency. I can arrange to deliver at most CDC events, or they can be picked up in Alexandria VA. I can also provide pictures upon request.
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

Re: (4) Nitto NT01s, 205/50/15, 50% life remaining

Post by hufflepuff »

SOLD TO A FELLOW CDC'ER.
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/