$300 Miata

Items for sale or trade.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

$300 Miata

Post by echan »

I just bought a new top from a woman that is selling her 1990 Miata. I didn't want the car but bought the top.

In any case, I told her that I would forward the information about her car on the CDC forum.

THIS CAR NEEDS LOTS OF WORK.

Here's the basic information from what I can tell:

1. I think it needs either Clutch Master Cylinder or Clutch Slave (I would change both). She said it wouldn't go into gear the the clutch pedal has no resistance.
2. Needs a top. Current top has a bad rear window and some rips in the top. The interior is wet from the rain. I would immediately rip out the carpet and dry the car out.
3. Driver's front fender has a dent. Someone used a puller to try to pull it out. So now it has a couple drilled holes where the puller was used.
4. Trunk lid has a dent and rear valance has a crack. The lid and rear deck doesn't look too bad.
5. Trunk lock had key broken but can still work.
6. Passenger doglegg (rocker just forward of rear tire) has rust.
7. Paint is pealing all over it. However, the doglegg was the only rust I saw. Owner had a goat and the goat tried to eat the paint.
8. Radio consel is broken.
9. Gas cap is missing.
10. Owner works at Laurel Raceway (horses) and car is located there. Car is very dirty from being at the stable. Hay and mud all over it.
11. 146K miles and timing belt has not been serviced recently. So, I would change the timing belt and water pump.

For $300, the car can be a good project. If you are interested, call Shelly at 240-355-4020. She needs to get rid of it ASAP. Like I said, I have no financial interest in this car and am only passing on the information.

Ed