PA: 1995 Mazda Miata - Track Ready

Items for sale or trade.
xph34rt3hr34p3r
Car: 2010 Subaru Impreza STI
CDC Member#: 449

PA: 1995 Mazda Miata - Track Ready

Post by xph34rt3hr34p3r »

Hello,

For sale is my 1995 Mazda Miata. This car was bought and prepped for track racing but also serves as a daily driver on sunny days. I'm not going to lie, this isn't a show car. I'm the third owner and the paint could use a makeover. However, the body and engine are both physically in great condition. It has approximately 85,000 miles. Car comes with a matching hard top. Soft top is in good condition. I've also got a pair of Summit lightweight seats available that have not been installed.

Due to the fact that this is a track-ready car, I've removed the air conditioning and power steering (de-powered rack). I still have the parts and your welcome to them along with some other odds and ends.

The car sits on Team Dynamics mounted with a brand new set (4) of Dunlop Direzza Star Spec Z1 tires. For the winter, I have a spare set (4) rims mounted with winter tread (hardly used) that go with the car.

The engine is completely stock. I haven't had time/money to tinker with it yet. All my money has gone mostly into the suspension setup which is now completely finished. You'll be hard pressed to find another Miata that handles this good!

Specs:
1995 Base Edition
Red
Matching Hard Top
Soft Top Installed
Approx. 85k miles
5spd manual transmission

Modifications:
1. Complete suspension overhaul:
a. Koni Race Shocks (Front)
b. Koni Sport Shocks (Rear)
c. 700 lb springs (Front)
d. 450 lb springs (Rear)
e. Koni Perches and Collars
f. ISC Racing Top Hats (Front and Rear)
g. Racing Beat Hollow Sway Bar (Front)
h. 949 Racing End Links
2. Team Dynamics 15x7 with 205/50/R15 Dunlop Direzza Star Spec
3. Straight Pipe Catalytic Converter
4. Tsudo Racing Cat-Back Exhaust
5. Hard Dog Roll Bar
6. Duct Vent Windows
6. Air Intake Turn Signals
7. Black Euro Tailights
8. Sony Head Unit w/USB and Aux
9. Polk Audio Speakers

I'm asking $6500 for everything.

Pics:

*** More pictures are available upon request. Please just ask. Thanks!
"Loose is fast, and on the edge you're out of control." -Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder

|2010 STI|RCE Yellows|330F/335R|RCE Swaybars|Kartboy EndL's|Kartboy 6spd SS|SPT Exhaust|
Imprezive_04
Car: 99 FRC\EvoX
CDC Member#: 317

Re: PA: 1995 Mazda Miata - Track Ready

Post by Imprezive_04 »

Perfect suspension for autox, add some r-comps and compete for small bore. GLWS
Ryan P
bearda
Car: 1995 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 363

Post by bearda »

Any chance you'd consider parting out the hard top?
xph34rt3hr34p3r

Well, since I'm not under any real pressure to sell, I'm going to let the post sit for awhile. I'd prefer to sell everything together as opposed to the hassle of parting-out. If it comes down to a part-out though, I'll be sure to notify you. Thanks for the interest!
"Loose is fast, and on the edge you're out of control." -Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder

|2010 STI|RCE Yellows|330F/335R|RCE Swaybars|Kartboy EndL's|Kartboy 6spd SS|SPT Exhaust|
mla163
Car: 2006 WRX
CDC Member#: 29

Post by mla163 »

If you part out, I am interested in the suspension
xph34rt3hr34p3r

I'll put you on the list. I was intending to go to Winchester this past weekend but never got registered and had some other things to work on anyway. I'll let you know the next event I'm heading to. If you're there as well you're welcome to take the car for a drive to get a feel for the suspension.

xph34rt3hr34p3r

Hello everyone and happy 2011! I'm sure everyone is anxiously awaiting the upcoming season. For those of you doing some last minute parts stocking, upgrades or just wanting to jump right into this this fantastic sport, well, I've got a deal :)

This year has brought some changes to my life as well as new opportunities. At the end of last season I was committed to keeping the Miata. I had a great finish at the final event at HGS and realized that had I only made the effort to attend more events that I could have had a decent finish in the point standings. Add on some additional improvements (r-comps) and another year of driving experience and I felt I could compete for a top 10 position in points this coming year.

Well, that being said... things have changed and I'm now going a different direction. And at this time, I'm doing so with or without the Miata. So, the Miata is currently back on the market, as-is (race ready) for $5500/obo.

Now, I've already got 1 individual who has expressed an interest and has gone as far as telling me that he was coming out to pick the car up... that was last week and I'm still waiting to hear back from him. If he flakes out, then I will consider parting the car out if no one here would want it as is.

There have been some changes made from the pictures above. Namely the hood has been stripped of paint down to the bare aluminum and polished. The headlight covers have also been repainted red, however it turned out a bit brighter than the rest of the car. This was necessary because of a deep scratch into the steel and I did not want to see any rust accumulate. So, as stated in the original post at the top, the paint is the only real downside of the vehicle. I'll get some updated pictures that better represent this.

As far as a "part-out" goes... Here is what will be made available. I'm not posting prices yet. Just providing a preview if it comes to it. Let me know if you are interested:

1. Suspension (Bundled)
a. Koni Race Shocks (Front)
b. Koni Sport Shocks (Rear)
c. 700 lb springs (Front)
d. 450 lb springs (Rear)
e. Koni Perches and Collars
f. ISC Racing Top Hats (Front and Rear)
g. Racing Beat Hollow Sway Bar (Front)
h. 949 Racing End Links

2. Tires/Wheels
-Team Dynamics 15x7 with 205/50/R15 Dunlop Direzza Star Spec tread

3. Exhaust
-Tsudo Racing Cat-Back Exhaust (sounds great!)

4. Misc
-Hard Dog M1 Hard Core Double Diagonal Roll Bar
-Hard Top (No Defrost)

xph34rt3hr34p3r

I've received an offer for the whole package. The gentleman has asked for 2 weeks to get stuff together. The car is on hold for that time. I'll provide an update afterwards.

xph34rt3hr34p3r

SOLD!

mla163
Car: 2006 WRX
CDC Member#: 29

Post by mla163 »

Great deal. Did you get rid of the seats too?
xph34rt3hr34p3r

Everything went. I got an update from the buyer after a couple days that he was having a blast driving the car around. Glad to know it went to someone intact. I would have hated to have seen it get stripped down.

As far as seats, all I had were the factory seats. At one point I did have a Sparco but that was returned to the original owner.

xph34rt3hr34p3r

So... I just received an email from the gentleman I sold this toy to. He is having some "life" issues and doesn't have time or cash to support a spare vehicle. His loss can be someone here's gain...

Since purchasing the Miata from me he has had it repainted Victory Red and has installed Corbeau FX1 Pro Seats. Everything else is just as I left it.

He is asking $5k. Includes everything I've listed before plus the seats.

As it sits now...

DrSeuss

Post by DrSeuss »

Is this car still for sale?
xph34rt3hr34p3r

The car is still available. I spoke to the seller (Mike) and he informed me that all requests for information can be sent directly to him at the following email address:

redlinevulp@gmail.com