1965 MGB Project (Rust-Free) $1500

Items for sale or trade.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

1965 MGB Project (Rust-Free) $1500

Post by echan »

One of the MG guys I know is selling his 1965 MGB project due to health issues. I saw the car today. It seems to be worth every penny. I would be interested but already have too many projects. Here's the details:

1. 1965 MGB (steel dash, pull handle, roadster)
2. Engine and transmission removed for paint
3. Body seems to have no rust as far as I can tell and is in primer
4. Overdrive transmission
5. Good engine
6. Many new parts including new steel dash
7. Aftermarket hardtop
8. Wire wheels
9. Lots of extra parts (including 4 speed trans, and steel wheel hubs and axle, and aluminum hood).
10. Car is located in Newington, VA (Springfield)

The asking price is $1500.

If you're interested, call Rick at 703-870-9565

I should warn anyone about any restoration project. These projects take lots of time and money (and space). When you finish the project, you have a full restored car. However, you typically have more money in the car than the market value (not even including your labor).

I think that this car would be a great project because most of the parts are already purchased and are included with the car. I figure you'd come out about even or slightly ahead of the game to restore the car compared to the market value (still not including your labor rate).

So if you'd like early MGBs and want a project, this one is probably a good one. If you want to tackle the project but don't have the space, our hobby shop might have some room to rent to restore the MGB.

I would be interested in this project, but I already have too many unfinished projects (Sprite, MGB, XJ6, TR3).

Ed
purplepeopleeater

Re: 1965 MGB Project (Rust-Free) $1500

Post by purplepeopleeater »

Tempting, but one disassembled Tourer in the garage is enough, some (SHMBO) might even say too many.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Re: 1965 MGB Project (Rust-Free) $1500

Post by echan »

This car is still available. So if there's anyone interested in an MGB project, you might want to consider this one. I also learned that this car really is not a 1965 but probably a later car (or a mutt with sever different year parts).

Ed