WTB (borrow/rent) '96 Miata Airbag module

Items wanted to buy.
Fendamonky
Car: 1996 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 50

WTB (borrow/rent) '96 Miata Airbag module

Post by Fendamonky »

So I purchased another NA to replace the one that got wrecked over the winter and didn't think much of the airbag light being on (since the airbags in them suck and are more likely to damage the car and injure the occupants if/when they do go off). Fast forward to Monday when I took the Miata in for an Inspection... My '96 failed because the airbag light was steadily on, and apparently that's a failure item.. I checked and it appears that one of the previous owners completely removed the module, so I can't even pull it apart to repair it.

Does anybody have a '96 NA with a functional airbag module that I could borrow just long enough to pass inspection?

I've gone out and picked up resistors and material to create a 3ohm "spoof" but I've got a feeling that it won't do me much good if the computer itself is gone..

I'd happily pay a nominal "rental" fee so I can get this guy on the road and to an auto-x session or five!! :D
Fendamonky
Car: 1996 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 50

Re: WTB (borrow/rent) '96 Miata Airbag module

Post by Fendamonky »

I think we can close this out... Looking at it I don't think the hassle of sourcing a new computer will be worth the effort in the long run. I'll just make a couple minor adjustments to get the SRS light to come on, then shut off.