WTB Track Car

Items wanted to buy.
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

WTB Track Car

Post by phranquelynn »

Looking for a good first race car. Preferably prepped for IT, Showroom Stock or SM/SSM. Not looking to spend a lot. Just wanting something reliable, safe and good to learn on. Fast is a bonus. But I'm also looking to spend less than $4k (more for SM/SSM) so obviously not looking for a front runner. Another bonus would be one with a passenger seat for HPDE. PM me if you have or know of a car. Thanks.
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Re: WTB Track Car

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

phranquelynn wrote:Looking for a good first race car. Preferably prepped for IT, Showroom Stock or SM/SSM. Not looking to spend a lot. Just wanting something reliable, safe and good to learn on. Fast is a bonus. But I'm also looking to spend less than $4k (more for SM/SSM) so obviously not looking for a front runner. Another bonus would be one with a passenger seat for HPDE. PM me if you have or know of a car. Thanks.

Yes please, ive been staring at this one for a while...
http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=36307

If your looking for Miata's my friend has like 20, I can send you 2 spec miata racer's emails if you give me your email. They might have something right up your alley.

Be careful though, road racing budget makes autocross budets look like child's toys. Ive spent more on my safety equipment than any mods ive done to my car. Good autocrosses typically make EXCELLENT road racers, road racers typically dont make good autocrossers. And if you want good competition, go NASA, fair based classes and people that have gone through LOTS of training before being allowed in time trials unlike POS "Redline" type events. If you do decide NASA (or SCCA is good as well), ask for me as an instructor, ill make sure to not let you live down taking out 7 cones in one autox course. ;)
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Re: WTB Track Car

Post by david.valeri »

You will still be slow, even in a race car ;)

Try http://www.racingjunk.com/ as well as the SM forums and all the other club forums.