Racing Jack

Items wanted to buy.
Sky Render
Car: 2011 Mustang 5.0
CDC Member#: 750

Racing Jack

Post by Sky Render »

I'm looking for a racing jack that is capable of lifting my depleted-uranium land yacht. If no one's got one for sale, I'd appreciate some tips on good places to buy one...
Vince (#750)
Grey 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0

I'm slow.
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Re: Racing Jack

Post by v10climber »

I have the 1.5 ton aluminum racing jack from harbor freight and it works pretty good. No problems getting under any of my lowered cars and goes high enough to get things up on stands pretty good. Mike has the 3 ton version I think which is bigger/heavier but is just as low of a profile (I think) but goes a little higher. Mike has had his for 2 years now and I've had mine for like a year or so. No problems with either other than losing the screw that holds my 2 piece handle together :roll:

I know you can spend a fair amount of money on a jack if you want. Mike has a really nice/big/expensive craftsman with integrated jack stands but it's so big/heavy we never use it... If you're going to spend a bunch of money on a jack get something that is lightweight , low profile, and has a long reach so you can get under the car a good ways. I know my 1.5ton barely reaches the frame rails on the STI.
--Nick D
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Re: Racing Jack

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

I got a really nice aluminum 3 ton jack at Costco about 4 or 5 years ago for $99 that's been awesome. It's a bit bigger than the normal harbor freight 1.5 Ton style, but it's super low and has enough ass to lift my Z71 pickup if I need it to.
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193