Miata Catalytic Converter 94-97

Items wanted to buy.
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Miata Catalytic Converter 94-97

Post by david.valeri »

I don't care how ugly or beat to crap it is so long as it still passes a tail-pipe emissions inspection.
ferris

Re: Miata Catalytic Converter 94-97

Post by ferris »

if you can get it off of my car you are welcome to borrow it to pass inspection ... I still have not been asked to pass emissions in MD yet so I technically need it.

I could not get bolts on the muffler side loose and had to have andrewtech do it for me so I assume the front bolts are equally as rusted.

I sprayed it for a week straight with PB blaster and used a 3ft breaker bar with me standing on it (I know I'm huge, but still).

This might be easier, but I did email this guy a couple days ago to ask if he knew who made the CAT and I havn't gotten a response.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pts/1467977175.html
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

So 3 ft x 80 lbs = 240 lbs ft. You can do better ;) .

That guy told me it wouldn't pass emissions. He said it was high flow (which doesn't preclude passing emissions), but didn't provide any further reasoning. I'm not inclined to spend $40 to find out if he is right when I have until May to find a used one.

If it wasn't on your car I'd say let me at it (I have air tools, a drill, copious amounts of free time, and a strong aversion to spending money), but I wouldn't want to risk damaging something you are using.
ferris

Post by ferris »

I don't think you can make any thing worse than it already it ... worst case, I get a new high flow cat for chanukah

Let me know if you can't find anything else and want to give it a shot or just want to give it a shot anyway