WTB: Car Trailer

Items wanted to buy.
defylogik
Car: Subaru STi / Miata Rat
CDC Member#: 352

WTB: Car Trailer

Post by defylogik »

Looking for a car trailer. Anyone have one? 16' preferred, for under 2300lb car. Prefer open flat bed style for cost reasons.

PM ME.
going balls out
http://www.racedayvinyl.com
Yep, we do numbers, and graphics, and unicorns.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Re: WTB: Car Trailer

Post by echan »

Have you cosidered a Box Truck?

My friend, Dave, has a box truck that he puts his Sprite inside but has decided to sell it. I think it has new brakes, new rear end, and other stuff. I think he wants around $3K (not sure). He also rents a parking spot outside at the CDC warehouse for only $40 a month, so your storage problem would be solved.
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

a miata fits in a box truck? easily? just curious. i think the nb is a bit wider than the na. any knowledge if a nb would fit? most box trucks pretty standard in width? how do you get it in? steel ramps and steady hands on the wheel?

can't afford one now but definitely something i would consider for the future if this is the case.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

phranquelynn wrote:a miata fits in a box truck? easily? just curious. i think the nb is a bit wider than the na. any knowledge if a nb would fit? most box trucks pretty standard in width? how do you get it in? steel ramps and steady hands on the wheel?

can't afford one now but definitely something i would consider for the future if this is the case.
Not sure if a miata fits. My guess is that the miata nb might be too big. It has ramps and the vehicle rests on a 20 degree incline. The truck has an electric winch inside which pulls the car up the ramps.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

The box truck is good for a Sprite or a small formula car or a motorcycle race team but would be tight if not impossible with a Miata. NA and NB Miatas are the same size (give or take a few mm). You might be able to do it but every time you loaded/unloaded it would be a pain.
defylogik
Car: Subaru STi / Miata Rat
CDC Member#: 352

Post by defylogik »

Thanks kyle.

We are still looking. Found a place fairly close that will rent 15' flat decks for $50 a day. Might be a better option due to the price gouging that the local storage places want to park one. Min $90 a month, yikes!

Well that is unless a great deal comes along.

Scott
going balls out
http://www.racedayvinyl.com
Yep, we do numbers, and graphics, and unicorns.