WTB: Miata Door Speaker Covers/Grilles

Items wanted to buy.
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

WTB: Miata Door Speaker Covers/Grilles

Post by david.valeri »

Looking for the mesh or fabric covers and trim ring to cover the holes in my doors. Black. I don't have any idea what the OE covers look like or if they are actually integrated with the door card, but I'd prefer if I could get all the parts needed such as the cover and any associated trim that goes with it if they are separate pieces.

I'd prefer if they were free, but I will pay a small amount for them.
ferris

Re: WTB: Miata Door Speaker Covers/Grilles

Post by ferris »

I will give you my passenger side ... My drivers side was broken and in the dumpster already.

AFAIK the speak works, but the trim is in great shape. I won't be at the halloween auto-x but I will be at the one in November if you can wait or we can figure something out.

Its going in the dumpster soon anyway, so I would love to give it to a good home.
david.valeri

Post by david.valeri »

I'll probably try to cruise over and pick it up before the end of November. I'll IM you to work something out.

So 1 down, 1 to go.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

What year is your Miata? The 90-93 cars have a separate plastic speaker grill. The 94-97 have a round speaker grill that is integrated into the door panel. I have two of the early style speaker grills you can have. I no longer need them since I made new M2-1001 style door panels.
david.valeri

Post by david.valeri »

I have the 94-97 style panels.

I've only seen some pictures of the 94-97 style panels since mine came with the stock speaker cover already removed. It looked like the speaker cover was held into the panel by some tabs on the back of the cover. See here: http://revlimiter.net/blog/2009/08/the- ... l-project/

I'm curious if they can be reinstalled once removed. The other thing I should probably check is if the holes in mine have been enlarged. I will check tonight to see if the grooves for the cover tabs are still in the panels. If they are missing, I suspect that the holes were enlarged and nothing short of a new panel will work and look stock.

Anyone know where I can get some speaker cover mesh or small sheets of ABS plastic locally if I can't score the OE parts?
ferris

Post by ferris »

I feel like a junk yard might be your best bet ... but I think the grills are part of the cover as well.

The drivers side came unglued and was taped and cracked and I threw it out when I put my seat in because the seat didn't clear the door pannel.

I was expecting to give you the entire door trim as I will be throwing it all out. I didn't want to be the one to break the speaker grill by trying to take it out. Keep/throw out anything you can't use or don't want to store.

Sorry I don't have the drivers side.